Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: how to develop a virtual keyboard for Android ??

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Feb 22, 2017 11:54 AM Last Post By: Mohammad Fateh ...
Mohammad Fateh ...

how to develop a virtual keyboard for Android ??  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 8, 2017 2:19 AM
Dear Delphi developers
i have an idea to develop a virtual keyboard for Android smart phones
my idea is like Google hand writing keyboard...

i have read tooo much info relating Android, but all docs and samples are in java, that made mo more confused.
Should i start the project as : Application / Local Service / Remote Service ??? What should i select ???
Should i start with a class inherited from JInputMethodService ???
How to register my application as a Input Method on the device ???

any help is highly appreciated
best regards
Eli M

Re: how to develop a virtual keyboard for Android ??
Helpful
  Posted: Jan 22, 2017 6:37 AM   in response to: Mohammad Fateh ... in response to: Mohammad Fateh ...
This isn't specifically a Delphi tutorial but it does cover the Android manifest which you will need to handle. It's probably possible to drive the keyboard with Delphi but maybe get a Java sample working first and then try to bring Delphi into the mix.

https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-custom-keyboard-on-android--cms-22615
Garnet Pettway

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 6:18 PM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:
This isn't specifically a Delphi tutorial but it does cover the Android manifest which you will need to handle. It's probably possible to drive the keyboard with Delphi but maybe get a Java sample working first and then try to bring Delphi into the mix.

https://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-a-custom-keyboard-on-android--cms-22615

Have you had any success with this?

Thanks
Garnett
Mohammad Fateh ...

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 11:54 AM   in response to: Garnet Pettway in response to: Garnet Pettway
Really i was very busy last period. i have read the article, it have useful info but not enough to get started with Delphi
===========================================================================================

Garnet Pettway wrote:
Eli M wrote:

Have you had any success with this?

Thanks
Garnett
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02