Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Newbie question: c++builder 10.1 tutorial Starting your first RAD Studio

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jan 6, 2017 2:51 AM Last Post By: Asger Joergensen
E.W. Hogervorst

Newbie question: c++builder 10.1 tutorial Starting your first RAD Studio  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 6, 2017 2:43 AM
After installation of C++builder Berlin I tried to gain experience by doing a simple tutorial. And I failed :-(

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/Berlin/en/Starting_your_first_RAD_Studio_application_Index_(IDE_Tutorial)

This multi device application tutorial at some point calls and class member function :

TDialogServiceSync::MessageDialog(L"This will clear the current document. Do you want to continue?",
TMsgDlgType::mtInformation, mbYesNo, TMsgDlgBtn::mbYes, 0);

which results in the following error message:
[bcc32 Error] TextEditor2.cpp(45): E2090 Qualifier 'TDialogServiceSync' is not a class or namespace name
Full parser context
TextEditor2.cpp(43): parsing: void _fastcall TTextEditorForm::NewActionExecute(TObject *)

Apparently the class is not known but I do not know how to figure out the class hierarchies or find the needed include file(s).

A hint would be appreciated.
Asger Joergensen

Re: Newbie question: c++builder 10.1 tutorial Starting your first RAD Studio
Correct
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 6, 2017 2:51 AM   in response to: E.W. Hogervorst in response to: E.W. Hogervorst
Hi E

E.W. Hogervorst wrote:

which results in the following error message:
[bcc32 Error] TextEditor2.cpp(45): E2090 Qualifier 'TDialogServiceSync' is not a class or namespace name
Full parser context
TextEditor2.cpp(43): parsing: void _fastcall TTextEditorForm::NewActionExecute(TObject *)

Apparently the class is not known but I do not know how to figure out the
class hierarchies or find the needed include file(s).

A hint would be appreciated.

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/Libraries/Berlin/en/FMX.DialogService.Sync.TDialogServiceSync

When I cant find something in the help I ask Google like this:

embarcadero TDialogServiceSync

that works most of the time.

Best regards
Asger
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02