Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: ZipAlign for Android?

Permlink Replies: 8 - Last Post: Dec 29, 2016 11:32 PM Last Post By: Markus Humm
JG Ducreaux

ZipAlign for Android?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 27, 2016 1:32 PM
Hey everyone,

I uploaded my very first Android app (beta) to my GG Developer account, and I'm getting a funny message:
"Vous avez importé un fichier APK qui n'est pas aligné au format zip. Veuillez exécuter un utilitaire d'alignement zipalign sur votre fichier APK, puis le réimporter."

I'm surprised that Berlin cannot produce an ALIGNED(?) ZIP/APK. I'm a newbie to this. Sorry if this is maybe redundant with other posts, but I need someclarification here. An SDK install problem maybe?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JGD
Markus Humm

Re: ZipAlign for Android?
  Posted: Dec 27, 2016 3:52 PM   in response to: JG Ducreaux in response to: JG Ducreaux
Am 27.12.2016 um 22:32 schrieb JG Ducreaux:
Hey everyone,

I uploaded my very first Android app (beta) to my GG Developer account, and I'm getting a funny message:
"Vous avez importé un fichier APK qui n'est pas aligné au format zip. Veuillez exécuter un utilitaire d'alignement zipalign sur votre fichier APK, puis le réimporter."

I'm surprised that Berlin cannot produce an ALIGNED(?) ZIP/APK. I'm a newbie to this. Sorry if this is maybe redundant with other posts, but I need someclarification here. An SDK install problem maybe?

Maybe. The SDK settings of Delphi usually contained some entry for the
ZIP Alighn tool of the SDK.

Greetings

Markus
JG Ducreaux

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 5:34 PM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
Markus Humm wrote:
Am 27.12.2016 um 22:32 schrieb JG Ducreaux:

Maybe. The SDK settings of Delphi usually contained some entry for the
ZIP Alighn tool of the SDK.

Thanks Markus.

I see now that one JAR file in AndroidSDK-2433_18.0.25048.9432 is in error (screenshot). I'll reimport the SDK in its entirety first thing tomorrow.
[http://teeveetee.com/images/ScreenShot3.png]

Cheers,

JGD

Edited by: JG Ducreaux on Dec 27, 2016 5:34 PM
Eli M

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 4:16 PM   in response to: JG Ducreaux in response to: JG Ducreaux
Is your Project Target Platform Android Configuration set to Application Store, your Project Build Configuration set to Release, you've setup the Provisioning, and provided your KeyStore file to sign the app?
JG Ducreaux

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 5:26 PM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:
Is your Project Target Platform Android Configuration set to Application Store, your Project Build Configuration set to Release, you've setup the Provisioning, and provided your KeyStore file to sign the app?

I believe the answer to all questions is "yes". By "provisioning", do you mean I've paid the $25 USD?
JG Ducreaux

Posted: Dec 27, 2016 5:48 PM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:

The Android SDK Manager shows two files are missing. I'm reinstalling what's missing and running the updates. I also installed previous SDKs this time to use them if need be.

Thanks, Eli, Marcus. I'm sure this should fix the problem.

Cheers,

JGD!
JG Ducreaux

Posted: Dec 28, 2016 10:40 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:

Hey Eli,

I see that I was mistaken about the "provisioning" you'd mentioned earlier. It seems I have quite a few more pages to read before I can eventually upload my APK.

Anyway, I seem to have "aligned" my APK with the SDKs I now have installed, and it's a good first step. Thanks for your time!

And a Fabulous '17 to all of you!

JGD
JG Ducreaux

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 8:06 AM   in response to: JG Ducreaux in response to: JG Ducreaux
I'm in the Google App store. Thanks, Markus and Eli. A combination of both your answers worked.

And a great '17 to all of you!

JGD
Markus Humm

Posted: Dec 29, 2016 11:32 PM   in response to: JG Ducreaux in response to: JG Ducreaux
Am 29.12.2016 um 17:06 schrieb JG Ducreaux:
I'm in the Google App store. Thanks, Markus and Eli. A combination of both your answers worked.

And a great '17 to all of you!

JGD

Glad to hear and thanks for the good wishes.

Markus
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02