Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: IWImage Display picture problem



Permlink Replies: 9 - Last Post: Jan 1, 2017 6:57 AM Last Post By: Mikhael Cohen
Mikhael Cohen

Posts: 8
Registered: 4/2/00
IWImage Display picture problem
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 24, 2016 2:20 AM
Hi,

I have a troubles with intraweb since version 14.1.0.
I display have some IWImage in a web form and I load the pictures (.GIF) from files with a LoadFromFile(...) in a form constructor. All work fine until version 14.0.63.
Since the version 14.1.0 (and up to 14.1.4), I have very often an text with by ex '/$/temp/ATZ35B8C9.....' instead of picture loaded.
The problem is solved when I go back in version 14.0.63.

I don't have any idea how to solve this problem.
I hope someone could help me.

Many thank and Merry Christmas
Mikhaël
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: IWImage Display picture problem
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 24, 2016 5:54 PM   in response to: Mikhael Cohen in response to: Mikhael Cohen
Mikhael Cohen wrote:
Hi,

I have a troubles with intraweb since version 14.1.0.
I display have some IWImage in a web form and I load the pictures (.GIF) from files with a LoadFromFile(...) in a form constructor. All work fine until version 14.0.63.
Since the version 14.1.0 (and up to 14.1.4), I have very often an text with by ex '/$/temp/ATZ35B8C9.....' instead of picture loaded.
The problem is solved when I go back in version 14.0.63.

I don't have any idea how to solve this problem.
I hope someone could help me.

Many thank and Merry Christmas
Mikhaël

I'll check that. Have you seen this with other types of images (PNG/JPG)? By the way, why are you using GIF files? If they are not animated, PNG generally gives better results (PNG compression is lossless and the image has better quality than GIFs, in general).
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: IWImage Display picture problem
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 24, 2016 6:24 PM   in response to: Mikhael Cohen in response to: Mikhael Cohen
Mikhael Cohen wrote:
Hi,

I have a troubles with intraweb since version 14.1.0.
I display have some IWImage in a web form and I load the pictures (.GIF) from files with a LoadFromFile(...) in a form constructor. All work fine until version 14.0.63.
Since the version 14.1.0 (and up to 14.1.4), I have very often an text with by ex '/$/temp/ATZ35B8C9.....' instead of picture loaded.
The problem is solved when I go back in version 14.0.63.

I don't have any idea how to solve this problem.
I hope someone could help me.

Many thank and Merry Christmas
Mikhaël

Hi

I've just created a simple application to test IWImages containing GIF images. I tested it many times in 6 different browsers. All worked as expected. Not a single failure. This test case was compiled using latest IW and Dephi 10 Seattle (the executable says IW 14.0.54 but ignore this - it is related to the way my dev environment is arranged...)

Can you please download this test case and try it in your environment? http://downloads.atozed.com/intraweb/demos/IWImageTest.zip

The file contains the source code of the project and a compiled executable. Test first the executable in your environment and see what you get. If you don't get any errors, then you should also try to build it yourself and see how it goes.

Kind regards and Merry Christmas!
Mikhael Cohen

Posts: 8
Registered: 4/2/00
Re: IWImage Display picture problem
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 25, 2016 10:18 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Hi Alexandre,

Thank a lot to try to help me.
Why I use GIF ? Just because my customer provide to me the picture on GIF format. I just put theses pictures in the wwwroot folder and that all for me.
I try your project, and no problem, but no surprise, because you don't load the picture at runtime. I can't compile your project, I don't have the JvGIF library.
I proceed differently : The GIF is loaded into the Web Form constructor because the image may change at any time. Each time the page is displayed, the pictures are loaded.
And one precision, I don't know if it's important, but work in C++.

If you want, I can do a light version of my project to send you.

Again, many thanks.
Mikhaël

Alexandre Machado wrote:
Mikhael Cohen wrote:
Hi,

I have a troubles with intraweb since version 14.1.0.
I display have some IWImage in a web form and I load the pictures (.GIF) from files with a LoadFromFile(...) in a form constructor. All work fine until version 14.0.63.
Since the version 14.1.0 (and up to 14.1.4), I have very often an text with by ex '/$/temp/ATZ35B8C9.....' instead of picture loaded.
The problem is solved when I go back in version 14.0.63.

I don't have any idea how to solve this problem.
I hope someone could help me.

Many thank and Merry Christmas
Mikhaël

Hi

I've just created a simple application to test IWImages containing GIF images. I tested it many times in 6 different browsers. All worked as expected. Not a single failure. This test case was compiled using latest IW and Dephi 10 Seattle (the executable says IW 14.0.54 but ignore this - it is related to the way my dev environment is arranged...)

Can you please download this test case and try it in your environment? http://downloads.atozed.com/intraweb/demos/IWImageTest.zip

The file contains the source code of the project and a compiled executable. Test first the executable in your environment and see what you get. If you don't get any errors, then you should also try to build it yourself and see how it goes.

Kind regards and Merry Christmas!
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: IWImage Display picture problem
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 25, 2016 3:00 PM   in response to: Mikhael Cohen in response to: Mikhael Cohen
Mikhael Cohen wrote:
Hi Alexandre,

Thank a lot to try to help me.
Why I use GIF ? Just because my customer provide to me the picture on GIF format. I just put theses pictures in the wwwroot folder and that all for me.
I try your project, and no problem, but no surprise, because you don't load the picture at runtime. I can't compile your project, I don't have the JvGIF library.
I proceed differently : The GIF is loaded into the Web Form constructor because the image may change at any time. Each time the page is displayed, the pictures are loaded.
And one precision, I don't know if it's important, but work in C++.

If you want, I can do a light version of my project to send you.

Again, many thanks.
Mikhaël

To build it, just remove JvGif. This is something added by JCL/JVCL IDE plugin...
Mikhael Cohen

Posts: 8
Registered: 4/2/00
Re: IWImage Display picture problem
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 26, 2016 12:30 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Hello Alexandre,

Yes, I remove it. I can compile but this is not a problem.
Your project don't work in the same way, the problem appears when I do a 'LoadFromFile' in the web form constructor.
I'll do a small project to reproduce this problem.

Best regards
Mikhaël

Alexandre Machado wrote:
Mikhael Cohen wrote:
Hi Alexandre,

Thank a lot to try to help me.
Why I use GIF ? Just because my customer provide to me the picture on GIF format. I just put theses pictures in the wwwroot folder and that all for me.
I try your project, and no problem, but no surprise, because you don't load the picture at runtime. I can't compile your project, I don't have the JvGIF library.
I proceed differently : The GIF is loaded into the Web Form constructor because the image may change at any time. Each time the page is displayed, the pictures are loaded.
And one precision, I don't know if it's important, but work in C++.

If you want, I can do a light version of my project to send you.

Again, many thanks.
Mikhaël

To build it, just remove JvGif. This is something added by JCL/JVCL IDE plugin...
Mikhael Cohen

Posts: 8
Registered: 4/2/00
Re: IWImage Display picture problem
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 26, 2016 9:57 AM   in response to: Mikhael Cohen in response to: Mikhael Cohen
Hi,

I have some new informations.
I do a small project to show the problem, I can reproduce the problem in local (but less often), so I put this project in my distant server.
In this case, I have a big problem to get the page.
I try with 5 browsers, the site work only with IE and Edge. Firefox, Opera and Chrome are a big problem to show the web form.

If I compile the project with IW version 14.0.63, no problem !

There is the project :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3igkcskdmvnt2mh/Pb%20IW.zip?dl=0

I leave 2 .exe in zip, the project compiled with 14.1.4 and compiled with 14.0.63.

Thanks a lot.
Mikhaël

Edited by: Mikhael Cohen on Dec 27, 2016 1:05 AM
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: IWImage Display picture problem
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 30, 2016 5:33 PM   in response to: Mikhael Cohen in response to: Mikhael Cohen
Mikhael Cohen wrote:
Hi,

I have some new informations.
I do a small project to show the problem, I can reproduce the problem in local (but less often), so I put this project in my distant server.
In this case, I have a big problem to get the page.
I try with 5 browsers, the site work only with IE and Edge. Firefox, Opera and Chrome are a big problem to show the web form.

If I compile the project with IW version 14.0.63, no problem !

There is the project :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3igkcskdmvnt2mh/Pb%20IW.zip?dl=0

I leave 2 .exe in zip, the project compiled with 14.1.4 and compiled with 14.0.63.

I tested your application and didn't find any issues so far. I've used both locally and remotely and it just works in all browsers tested.

Can you please write me at alexandre [at] atozed dot com? I'd like you to do some more testing...
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: IWImage Display picture problem
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 1, 2017 2:18 AM   in response to: Mikhael Cohen in response to: Mikhael Cohen
After testing your project a little more I still have some questions.
Your project does not work as it should but I'm not sure if it is IW fault. You are just swallowing all exceptions, so it is impossible to know how and why it fails.
I also tried to compile the source code using latest IW, but it seems that your project was compiled with another source code (?)... because after compiling it, all callbacks fail.
Then, using your original EXE... when I put it in a remote server it fails every time but I'm unable to know why because I'm not debugging it and the exceptions are all hidden.
In order to isolate this problem I suggest you to do the minimum... I suggest you to remove the content handler and let all the exceptions propagate to the client as they should. Hide all exceptions is never a good idea...
Mikhael Cohen

Posts: 8
Registered: 4/2/00
Re: IWImage Display picture problem
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 1, 2017 6:57 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Hi Alexandre,

I wish you an happy new year.
In principle, in this small project, I do not use any external component. I use the TMS IW components in my final project, but I thought I had removed everything from TMS.
I will check this point and also adapt the project with your suggestions.
Have you the same problem with both original EXE ? For me, the EXE with IW 14.0.63 work well. I just have problem with the 14.1.4 in remote server, and a little problem in local.

Best regards,
Mikhaël

Alexandre Machado wrote:
After testing your project a little more I still have some questions.
Your project does not work as it should but I'm not sure if it is IW fault. You are just swallowing all exceptions, so it is impossible to know how and why it fails.
I also tried to compile the source code using latest IW, but it seems that your project was compiled with another source code (?)... because after compiling it, all callbacks fail.
Then, using your original EXE... when I put it in a remote server it fails every time but I'm unable to know why because I'm not debugging it and the exceptions are all hidden.
In order to isolate this problem I suggest you to do the minimum... I suggest you to remove the content handler and let all the exceptions propagate to the client as they should. Hide all exceptions is never a good idea...
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02