Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: DataSnap Rest Server

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Dec 16, 2016 8:57 AM Last Post By: Kim Madsen
Clement Lee

DataSnap Rest Server  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 15, 2016 1:36 AM
Hi,

I am facing some problem about the design of the server application.

I have one main/core application that is used to enter all the master data such as user, customer, country, city and so on. It also has a main/core Datasnap Server.
I also have 5 sub applications for other data entry such as account, warehouse and so on. These 5 sub applications may need to get/load data from the master table (handled by the main/core Datasnap Serve),

My problem is what is the better design for those 5 sub application in Server Part?
1) Put all the server methods, BLLs and DALs in the same project (main Datasnap server),
- This way will cause the main project becomes very 'big', and is very difficult to maintain.
2) Each 5 sub applications have their own Datasnap server.
- This way will need to write another connection to the main Datasnap server....if it needs to get data from other sub application, then have to write another connection??

Please correct me if anything is wrong.
Anyone can provide one better solution for my case?

Thank You.

Kim Madsen

Re: DataSnap Rest Server  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 16, 2016 8:57 AM   in response to: Clement Lee in response to: Clement Lee
Den 12/15/2016 kl. 10:36 skrev Clement Lee:
Hi,

I am facing some problem about the design of the server application.

I have one main/core application that is used to enter all the master data such as user, customer, country, city and so on. It also has a main/core Datasnap Server.
I also have 5 sub applications for other data entry such as account, warehouse and so on. These 5 sub applications may need to get/load data from the master table (handled by the main/core Datasnap Serve),

My problem is what is the better design for those 5 sub application in Server Part?
1) Put all the server methods, BLLs and DALs in the same project (main Datasnap server),
- This way will cause the main project becomes very 'big', and is very difficult to maintain.
2) Each 5 sub applications have their own Datasnap server.
- This way will need to write another connection to the main Datasnap server....if it needs to get data from other sub application, then have to write another connection??

Please correct me if anything is wrong.
Anyone can provide one better solution for my case?

Thank You.

3) Have a front end server which proxies your request to the appropriate
backend server. This will also allow you to do loadbalancing, failover
and much more.

Im certain something can be done in Datasnap in that regards, although
my experience mostly is in kbmMW, which absolutely supports such things.

best regards
Kim/C4D
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02