Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: IPv6 for IOS and Acces Violation with SOAP client web service on 64-bit IOS

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Dec 14, 2016 3:46 PM Last Post By: Lucio Feitoza
Luis Lopez

IPv6 for IOS and Acces Violation with SOAP client web service on 64-bit IOS  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 8, 2016 10:25 AM
Hello i've been recently told that the Appstore is rejecting all Apps that do not support IPv6 networks. The problem is that i have a SOAP client unit created with the WSDL importer of Embarcadero and for what i have read this method works only with IPv4 networks. How much of this is true and if it is, do i have to create my own SOAP client unit? by the way this web service is not working with 64-bits IOS devices, i get an acces violation whenever i call the service in the server. I hope someone have a clue for any of my problems, thanks in advance.
Lucio Feitoza

Re: IPv6 for IOS and Acces Violation with SOAP client web service on 64-bit IOS  
  Posted: Dec 9, 2016 12:47 PM   in response to: Luis Lopez in response to: Luis Lopez
This soap not working with ios64 was fixed in berlin update 1, i was also having this problem.
About the ipv6 issue, i am too in need for a solution.
Please can anyone helps?

thanks

Luis Lopez wrote:
Hello i've been recently told that the Appstore is rejecting all Apps that do not support IPv6 networks. The problem is that i have a SOAP client unit created with the WSDL importer of Embarcadero and for what i have read this method works only with IPv4 networks. How much of this is true and if it is, do i have to create my own SOAP client unit? by the way this web service is not working with 64-bits IOS devices, i get an acces violation whenever i call the service in the server. I hope someone have a clue for any of my problems, thanks in advance.
Luis Lopez

Posted: Dec 9, 2016 3:25 PM   in response to: Lucio Feitoza in response to: Lucio Feitoza
Did you manage to get SOAP working with 64-bit IOS devices? how did you do that? i've generated so many times the SOAP unit but it is still giving me the acces violation error

Lucio Feitoza wrote:
This soap not working with ios64 was fixed in berlin update 1, i was also having this problem.
Please can anyone helps?

thanks

Luis Lopez wrote:
Lucio Feitoza

Posted: Dec 11, 2016 8:14 AM   in response to: Luis Lopez in response to: Luis Lopez
Yes, just installled the berlin update 1, which version are you using?

Luis Lopez wrote:
Did you manage to get SOAP working with 64-bit IOS devices? how did you do that? i've generated so many times the SOAP unit but it is still giving me the acces violation error

Lucio Feitoza wrote:
Please can anyone helps?

thanks

Luis Lopez wrote:
Luis Lopez

Posted: Dec 12, 2016 7:44 AM   in response to: Lucio Feitoza in response to: Lucio Feitoza
I'm using Berlin Update 1, i generate the soap unit with the wsdl importer of embarcadero, this unit has the TRemotable functions of my WS. Perhaps this coul be some data size problem, something that changes between 32-bit and 64-bit architecture. If you need to check the code i can share it to see if you could help me with this. This problem has been with me since March.

Lucio Feitoza wrote:

Luis Lopez wrote:

Lucio Feitoza wrote:
Please can anyone helps?

thanks

Luis Lopez wrote:
Lucio Feitoza

Posted: Dec 14, 2016 3:46 PM   in response to: Luis Lopez in response to: Luis Lopez
Unfortunately i am no expert in soap. I just upgraded to berlin update 1 and my problems were solved.
Maybe you should open a ticket with embarcadero. Thats what i did, i opened a ticket, they acknowledge the bug and then it was solved on the next update.
Lucio

Luis Lopez wrote:
I'm using Berlin Update 1, i generate the soap unit with the wsdl importer of embarcadero, this unit has the TRemotable functions of my WS. Perhaps this coul be some data size problem, something that changes between 32-bit and 64-bit architecture. If you need to check the code i can share it to see if you could help me with this. This problem has been with me since March.

Lucio Feitoza wrote:

Luis Lopez wrote:

Lucio Feitoza wrote:
Please can anyone helps?

thanks

Luis Lopez wrote:
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02