Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: What is this even called? Skins? Appearance? Is there a switch?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Nov 10, 2016 2:29 AM Last Post By: Anton Kecherk Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Bret Bordwell

What is this even called? Skins? Appearance? Is there a switch?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 31, 2014 2:01 PM
What is this even called? Skins? Appearance?

We are getting different 'skins' on controls when we perform an IDE compile and a DCC32 compile.

Happy as clams when we saw the new button appearance as we move from D7 to XE, but as soon as we did a command line compile, that appearance disappeared, and the controls went back to their XP look.

So, my questions are:
Is there a command line switch that I am missing?
What is the correct term for this? Is it skins?

After I get the correct term, I can probably search for help/examples.

Thank you for any help.
Anton Kecherk

Re: What is this even called? Skins? Appearance? Is there a switch?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 10, 2016 2:29 AM   in response to: Bret Bordwell in response to: Bret Bordwell
But if it's true, then this meaning that DCC32 ISN'T USING THE PROJECT'S DOF/CFG FILES!
So the problem is that Delphi merges everything to provide the result. It merges the global search paths, the project's compiler directives, the searching paths, so everything, and using the project's conditional directives too.
If I understand it well, the DCC32 don't use, only the dcc32.cfg, and I must merge everything for the compilation, what is an impossible job, because I need to write a parser what is interprets the project's parameters, and merges with globals.
Or I misunderstand something, and the problem is caused by other thing what I missed?
From this rows about cc32.exe will choose whichever dcc32.cfg file it finds first. It looks in the current directory first.
What all this means is that you are responsible for getting the settings from the .dof file, and from the IDE into your command line compilation environment.
Agree that one of the many reasons why you should upgrade. Modern Delphi versions use msbuild for command line compilation and make it trivially easy to be sure that your command line builds are the same as IDE builds.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02