Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Application Help uses wrong keywords and context ids in 64 bit

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Oct 27, 2016 8:57 PM Last Post By: Joshua LeFevre
Joshua LeFevre

Application Help uses wrong keywords and context ids in 64 bit
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 11, 2016 2:42 PM
Hello,

In my 32bit and 64bit application I'm using chm files for application help. This works perfectly for 32 bit. But in the 64bit application there is problem with help. If I use context sensitive help ("HelpContext") I get taken to the error opening help microsoft page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/917607). If I use keyword help ("HelpKeyword"), the help opens correctly but a colon has been added before my keyword so it doesn't find anything. I.E. if I search for "Filters" the help will look like I searched for ": Filters"

Doing what I typically do when I run into issues with C++ Builder, I searched the internet for answers but I can't seem to find any. What's the deal Remy?
Joshua LeFevre

Re: Application Help uses wrong keywords and context ids in 64 bit
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 27, 2016 8:57 PM   in response to: Joshua LeFevre in response to: Joshua LeFevre
Anyone?

Joshua LeFevre wrote:
Hello,

In my 32bit and 64bit application I'm using chm files for application help. This works perfectly for 32 bit. But in the 64bit application there is problem with help. If I use context sensitive help ("HelpContext") I get taken to the error opening help microsoft page (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/917607). If I use keyword help ("HelpKeyword"), the help opens correctly but a colon has been added before my keyword so it doesn't find anything. I.E. if I search for "Filters" the help will look like I searched for ": Filters"

Doing what I typically do when I run into issues with C++ Builder, I searched the internet for answers but I can't seem to find any. What's the deal Remy?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02