Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Delphi 2010 code cannot print (was working ok before install delphi berlin)


This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 7 - Last Post: Sep 16, 2016 6:12 AM Last Post By: Björn Schreiber
thierry jacobson

Posts: 1
Registered: 10/13/16
Delphi 2010 code cannot print (was working ok before install delphi berlin)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 13, 2016 8:26 AM
hello. i must maintain and further devellop an old code (from before 1998 !) i could get it working under delphi 2010. since recently printing was ok. now (after i installed berlin) i can print 1 (ONE !) job consisting of 1 page towards real printers and pseudo (pdf) printers. the next job gives various errors (different because of different drivers). problem is consistent if i try to print from the ide or from the compiled code. even old compiled codes (with even older ide, older than 2010) give the same problem. other (non delphi) applications have no problem with the various real printers and pseudo printers (pdf). i am not 100% sure berlin is the cullprit but it seems the logical one. could i re-install berlin if i try to de-install it ? would that solve the problem ? am i the only one with that problem ? thank you for helping (the print output is THE purpose of this code and we need it for our customers. last info, the compile code that gives problem on my pc gives no problem for users (they have NO delphi ide installed, no 2010, no berlin). tested machines run on win 7 and win 10, home & pro.
Peter Below

Posts: 1,227
Registered: 12/16/99
Re: Delphi 2010 code cannot print (was working ok before install delphi berlin)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 13, 2016 10:13 AM   in response to: thierry jacobson in response to: thierry jacobson
thierry jacobson wrote:

hello. i must maintain and further devellop an old code (from before
1998 !) i could get it working under delphi 2010. since recently
printing was ok. now (after i installed berlin) i can print 1 (ONE !)
job consisting of 1 page towards real printers and pseudo (pdf)
printers. the next job gives various errors (different because of
different drivers). problem is consistent if i try to print from the
ide or from the compiled code. even old compiled codes (with even
older ide, older than 2010) give the same problem. other (non
delphi) applications have no problem with the various real printers
and pseudo printers (pdf). i am not 100% sure berlin is the cullprit
but it seems the logical one. could i re-install berlin if i try to
de-install it ? would that solve the problem ? am i the only one with
that problem ? thank you for helping (the print output is THE purpose
of this code and we need it for our customers. last info, the compile
code that gives problem on my pc gives no problem for users (they
have NO delphi ide installed, no 2010, no berlin). tested machines
run on win 7 and win 10, home & pro.

Insufficient data, i'm fraid. How does your program print? Do you use a
report component or such?

The only way installing Berlin could affect this I can see would be if
the code uses a 3rd-party DLL that was replaced with a newer
(incompatible) version by the Berlin installation.

--
Peter Below
TeamB
thierry jacobson

Posts: 3
Registered: 5/12/11
Re: Delphi 2010 code cannot print (was working ok before install delphi berlin)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 15, 2016 5:35 AM   in response to: Peter Below in response to: Peter Below
Hi,
thank you for your reaction
i am using the 'good old' "printer" printer.begindoc; printer.canvas, ... printer.enddoc sending text, straight lines, circle lines and 2 small logos

Peter Below wrote:
thierry jacobson wrote:

hello. i must maintain and further devellop an old code (from before
1998 !) i could get it working under delphi 2010. since recently
printing was ok. now (after i installed berlin) i can print 1 (ONE !)
job consisting of 1 page towards real printers and pseudo (pdf)
printers. the next job gives various errors (different because of
different drivers). problem is consistent if i try to print from the
ide or from the compiled code. even old compiled codes (with even
older ide, older than 2010) give the same problem. other (non
delphi) applications have no problem with the various real printers
and pseudo printers (pdf). i am not 100% sure berlin is the cullprit
but it seems the logical one. could i re-install berlin if i try to
de-install it ? would that solve the problem ? am i the only one with
that problem ? thank you for helping (the print output is THE purpose
of this code and we need it for our customers. last info, the compile
code that gives problem on my pc gives no problem for users (they
have NO delphi ide installed, no 2010, no berlin). tested machines
run on win 7 and win 10, home & pro.

Insufficient data, i'm fraid. How does your program print? Do you use a
report component or such?

The only way installing Berlin could affect this I can see would be if
the code uses a 3rd-party DLL that was replaced with a newer
(incompatible) version by the Berlin installation.

--
Peter Below
TeamB
Peter Below

Posts: 1,227
Registered: 12/16/99
Re: Delphi 2010 code cannot print (was working ok before install delphi berlin)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 15, 2016 9:53 AM   in response to: thierry jacobson in response to: thierry jacobson
thierry jacobson wrote:

thank you for your reaction
i am using the 'good old' "printer" printer.begindoc;
printer.canvas, ... printer.enddoc sending text, straight lines,
circle lines and 2 small logos

Then it's probably the issue Remy told you about.

--
Peter Below
TeamB
Remy Lebeau (Te...


Posts: 9,447
Registered: 12/23/01
Re: Delphi 2010 code cannot print (was working ok before install delphiberlin)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 13, 2016 11:21 AM   in response to: thierry jacobson in response to: thierry jacobson
thierry wrote:

since recently printing was ok. now (after i installed berlin) i can
print 1 (ONE !) job consisting of 1 page towards real printers and
pseudo (pdf) printers. the next job gives various errors (different
because of different drivers). problem is consistent if i try to print
from the ide or from the compiled code. even old compiled codes
(with even older ide, older than 2010) give the same problem.

You might be affected by this issue:

Why is TPrinter (XE7) suddenly having problems today?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38904160/

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
thierry jacobson

Posts: 3
Registered: 5/12/11
Re: Delphi 2010 code cannot print (was working ok before install delphiberlin)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 15, 2016 5:55 AM   in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te... in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te...
Remy, thank you.

This looks like very much to my problem (thanks redmont) (... in a world without fontiers, who needs gates & windows)

i will try both workaround : using setupdialog and uninstalling the "security Update for Microsoft Windows (KB3177725)" and post the results

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
thierry wrote:

since recently printing was ok. now (after i installed berlin) i can
print 1 (ONE !) job consisting of 1 page towards real printers and
pseudo (pdf) printers. the next job gives various errors (different
because of different drivers). problem is consistent if i try to print
from the ide or from the compiled code. even old compiled codes
(with even older ide, older than 2010) give the same problem.

You might be affected by this issue:

Why is TPrinter (XE7) suddenly having problems today?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38904160/

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Edited by: thierry jacobson on Sep 15, 2016 5:55 AM
thierry jacobson

Posts: 3
Registered: 5/12/11
Re: Delphi 2010 code cannot print (was working ok before install delphiberlin)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 15, 2016 8:09 AM   in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te... in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te...
Remy,

you really sent me on the right tracks
i typed (in cmd) : wusa /uninstall /kb:3172729
(of course this was on MY w10)
i just hope this uninstall will survive reboots & security updates

Remy i don't know how to tag your answer to accord you the 10 points
(next quest : tag Remy's answer as the right one and give him 10 points)

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
thierry wrote:

since recently printing was ok. now (after i installed berlin) i can
print 1 (ONE !) job consisting of 1 page towards real printers and
pseudo (pdf) printers. the next job gives various errors (different
because of different drivers). problem is consistent if i try to print
from the ide or from the compiled code. even old compiled codes
(with even older ide, older than 2010) give the same problem.

You might be affected by this issue:

Why is TPrinter (XE7) suddenly having problems today?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/38904160/

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Edited by: thierry jacobson on Sep 15, 2016 8:09 AM
Björn Schreiber

Posts: 11
Registered: 10/7/06
Re: Delphi 2010 code cannot print (was working ok before install delphiberlin) [Edit]  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 16, 2016 6:12 AM   in response to: thierry jacobson in response to: thierry jacobson
Am 15.09.2016 um 17:09 schrieb thierry jacobson:

you really sent me on the right tracks
i typed (in cmd) : wusa /uninstall /kb:3172729

Seems Microsoft addressed this problem with the September patch day.
We just updated a Windows 10 computer and the printing problem disappeared.

Greetings,
Björn
--
DRIGUS GmbH

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02