Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Using link in IW application

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Sep 3, 2016 8:10 AM Last Post By: Jose Nilton Pace
Davide Rubbiani

Using link in IW application  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 3, 2016 3:01 AM
Hello,

I need to show some text stored in some records memo fields as a list (one under the other).
Cause I don't know the length of each text I can't set a fixed size to IWLabel or IWRegion so I choose to compose the text list in a single HTML and show it inside a IWLabel as raw.
Now I need to put a button under each text to permit the user to edit it in another form.
I insert a HTML herf tag after each text in the procedure that compose all records text in a single string.
Is there a way to intercept/manage user link selection in my IW application to start the text editing ?

I don't know if the above solution is the best to show some text fields value in a list way...
Any suggestion about other possible way would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Davide
Jose Nilton Pace

Re: Using link in IW application  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 3, 2016 8:10 AM   in response to: Davide Rubbiani in response to: Davide Rubbiani
Hi Davide, i have some workaround can help you or some direction. In your RAW text:
<a href="#" click="return SubmitClickConfirm(''IWBUTTON_EDIT'', your_id_as_parameter, true, '');"> <button type="button" class="btn btn-warning btn-sm" title="Edit Record"><span class="glyphicon glyphicon-pencil" aria-hidden="true"></span> </button> </a>

change click to onclick above.
and in your iwbutton_Edit:
procedure TIWForm1.IWButton_EditClick(Sender: TObject);
var
   I: Integer;
begin
   if Sender is TIWButton then begin
      I := StrToInt( TIWButton( Sender ).GetSubmitParam );

{ "I" is your_id_as_parameter, do your stuff with parameter "I" }
   end;
end;

I hope this help you.