Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: How do you make IWForm.Background display an image?

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Sep 7, 2016 1:30 AM Last Post By: Fabrizio Conti
Daniel Fields

How do you make IWForm.Background display an image?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 31, 2016 2:17 PM
I have tried setting the forms Background property every way possible, but I canot get an image to show. I have tried both URL and File properties without success. I know the URL is valid because I can paste it into the browser and it will display.

What am I missing?
Emailx45 Yahoo

Re: How do you make IWForm.Background display an image?
  Posted: Sep 1, 2016 1:15 PM   in response to: Daniel Fields in response to: Daniel Fields
maybe your version its not full (personsal , evaluation mode etc) - for example DLL ISAPI dont run all fuctions if evaluation mode etc...

if not look at the folder where is the image and whats the type (extension)

look in help the structure for your folders files

....files
....asnfiles (no cache)

if Im not right excuse me

Edited by: Emailx Yahoo on Sep 1, 2016 1:21 PM
Daniel Fields

Posted: Sep 1, 2016 1:46 PM   in response to: Emailx45 Yahoo in response to: Emailx45 Yahoo
I have the Ultimate version, so it should work. I did try moving the image file to different locations inside the application's folders, but I could not get any results using the File property. I tried the URL property, but that did not work either. I could reach the image by pasting that URL into the browser. It has to be something else. I looked at the demos, but they do not appear to be doing anything other than setting the File or URL property.
Emailx45 Yahoo

Posted: Sep 2, 2016 11:05 PM   in response to: Daniel Fields in response to: Daniel Fields
try see options about use TEMPLATE in HTML
to custom your templates for your forms ysing tag html css styles etc...
Jose Nilton Pace

Posted: Sep 3, 2016 6:02 AM   in response to: Daniel Fields in response to: Daniel Fields
Daniel, i´m using a bootstrap with templates to do some this. I Have a page in a modal javascript with a back image. Look here the result: https://solidariedadefiscal.org/online/sf.dll/login.html
I put style in a backdrop
<head>
<style type="text/css">
.modal-backdrop {
background-image: url('https://conciliacaodecartoes.online/images/Concilia.png');
}
</style>
</head>
<body>

<!-- Modal -->
Alexandre Machado

Posted: Sep 7, 2016 12:42 AM   in response to: Daniel Fields in response to: Daniel Fields
Daniel Fields wrote:
I have tried setting the forms Background property every way possible, but I canot get an image to show. I have tried both URL and File properties without success. I know the URL is valid because I can paste it into the browser and it will display.

What am I missing?

Hi Daniel,

I'll test this and let you know, OK? The code is there, just like IW 12 and it hasn't changed in a long time. I think it should work.

Kind regards
Fabrizio Conti

Posted: Sep 7, 2016 1:30 AM   in response to: Daniel Fields in response to: Daniel Fields
Daniel Fields wrote:

What am I missing?

Hi Daniel,
I use the forms Background property in my applications without any problem.
The file (a .jpg image file such as bg.jpg) is in a subfolder of wwwroot and I use the URL property set to '/css/bg.jpg'.

When the backgouund is the same for every form I use the StyleSheet property of the ServerController. The URL property is set to '/css/bg.css' and the bg.css is
html {
background: url('bg.jpg') no-repeat center center fixed;
-webkit-background-size: cover;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: cover;
}

I'm not so proficient in css and mybe this is not the optimal solution, but it works.
Fabrizio
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02