Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Application hangs when accessing data on local firebird server

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Aug 24, 2016 2:54 PM Last Post By: Clement Doss
jenny foster

Application hangs when accessing data on local firebird server  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 16, 2016 2:42 AM
Hi I have an app running at 25+ installations with various Windows configurations and database sizes. Only one installation is giving this problem. Firebird is v2.5 Win 7 Prof with 4gb Ram. App and server are on same machine. App compiled under XE6.and database is small. Across a variety of calls to the DB - SQL queries and updates, the app hangs and has to be crashed in task manager. Sometimes writes are not completed to the DB.
On all other installations of the same app the FB server is impressively stable and I have had no problems like this is 2 years or more.
Any guidance will be gratefully appreciated.
Jenny
Clement Doss

Re: Application hangs when accessing data on local firebird server  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 24, 2016 2:54 PM   in response to: jenny foster in response to: jenny foster
jenny foster wrote:
Hi I have an app running at 25+ installations with various Windows configurations and database sizes. Only one installation is giving this problem. Firebird is v2.5 Win 7 Prof with 4gb Ram. App and server are on same machine. App compiled under XE6.and database is small. Across a variety of calls to the DB - SQL queries and updates, the app hangs and has to be crashed in task manager. Sometimes writes are not completed to the DB.
On all other installations of the same app the FB server is impressively stable and I have had no problems like this is 2 years or more.
Any guidance will be gratefully appreciated.
Jenny

Hi jenny,

Have you checked it that machine has an Antivirus program scanning the database folder? If that's the case, exclude the database folder from it.

Clément
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02