Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: dbexpress (XE) returns less results than sqldeveloper

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Aug 24, 2016 7:53 AM Last Post By: Adrian De Armas Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Adrian De Armas

dbexpress (XE) returns less results than sqldeveloper  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 24, 2016 7:26 AM
Hello everyone,
I have a process that reads updated keys from an oracle DB to update another DB. That process is not working because there were lots of records not updated.
I found out that the records not updated was due that the dbexpress connection to oracle is returning less results than expected.

If I run *select * from updated_view order by key* from DataExplorer using dbepxress I get 56 rows (the same rows by program reads) but if I run the same query on sqldeveloper I get 25000+ rows!

I am using the TSQLConnection and TSQLQuery.

¿Any clues?

Regards
Adrian De Armas

Re: dbexpress (XE) returns less results than sqldeveloper  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 24, 2016 7:53 AM   in response to: Adrian De Armas in response to: Adrian De Armas
Nevermind... I updated the view on sqldeveloper but I didn't commited it...
Shame on me...

Thanks

Adrian De Armas wrote:
Hello everyone,
I have a process that reads updated keys from an oracle DB to update another DB. That process is not working because there were lots of records not updated.
I found out that the records not updated was due that the dbexpress connection to oracle is returning less results than expected.

If I run *select * from updated_view order by key* from DataExplorer using dbepxress I get 56 rows (the same rows by program reads) but if I run the same query on sqldeveloper I get 25000+ rows!

I am using the TSQLConnection and TSQLQuery.

¿Any clues?

Regards
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02