Help

Thread: Firemonkey cross-platform example of 3d model with textures

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Aug 21, 2016 8:09 AM Last Post By: Amit Bueno
Amit Bueno

Firemonkey cross-platform example of 3d model with textures
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 19, 2016 4:48 AM
Hi,

I've been checking "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Samples\Object Pascal\Multi-Device Samples\User Interface\ModelViewer" that comes with Delphi 10.1.
Got a couple of questions:
1. In all the 3d design are there file structures that contains both the model, and the textures mapped to it (As far as I know .max file does supply that),.. Seems that the model presenting there (such as the .obj or .dae structures) contain only the model -- while the textures must be added in code after that.
2. I got a model which is about 45mb (originally .dwg structured); (A) It take very long time loading it,. what are the know ways to load such sizes fast? (B) are there known tools (preferred opensourced ones) that exists of converting a model from one structure to another (for someone who hasn't got commercial software installed on his machine [usually in such tools a model could be loaded and later exported] -- I found blender to be the best, yet even it lacks some features), so that existing code could load these?
3. Are there samples of FMX 3d code of games, which I can look at? has anybody used FMX 3d inorder to create a crossplatform games, so that the binary would be deployed on all platforms? Has anyone already used Delphi FMX as a game-engine?
4. Are there useful thirdparty components related to the FMX 3d which could speed development?

Edited by: Amit Bueno on Aug 19, 2016 4:51 AM

Edited by: Amit Bueno on Aug 19, 2016 4:53 AM
Markus Humm

Re: Firemonkey cross-platform example of 3d model with textures [Edit]
  Posted: Aug 19, 2016 12:46 PM   in response to: Amit Bueno in response to: Amit Bueno
Am 19.08.2016 um 13:56 schrieb Amit Bueno:
Hi,

I've been checking "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\18.0\Samples\Object Pascal\Multi-Device Samples\User Interface\ModelViewer" that comes with Delphi 10.1.
1. In all the 3d design are there file structures that contains both the model, and the textures mapped to it (As far as I know .max file does supply that),.. Seems that the model presenting there (such as the .obj or .dae structures) contain only the model -- while the textures must be added in code after that.
2. I got a model which is about 45mb (originally .dwg structured); (A) It take very long time loading it,. what are the know ways to load such sizes fast? (B) are there known tools (preferred opensourced ones) that exists of converting a model from one structure to another (for someone who hasn't got commercial software installed on his machine [usually in such tools a model could be loaded and later exported] -- I found blender to be the best, yet even it lacks some features), so that existing code coul
d load these?
3. Are there samples of FMX 3d code of games, which I can look at? has anybody used FMX 3d inorder to create a crossplatform games, so that the binary would be deployed on all platforms? Has anyone already used Delphi FMX as a game-engine?
4. Are there useful thirdparty components related to the FMX 3d which could speed development?

Hello,

Delphi includes BOX2D afaik, which is a physics simulation engine.
It might help you as it provides things like collision detection,
gravity etc.

Greetings

Markus
Amit Bueno

Re: Firemonkey cross-platform example of 3d model with textures [Edit]
  Posted: Aug 21, 2016 8:09 AM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
I ran some demos of the Box2d,. I didn't investigate the code enough... Could that be used on 3d Env as well?
Anyways, initially I would like to program a small demo, which loads a 3d model, with textures (Using FMX),.
I might use the box2d in future (if it is 3d compatible as well), when programming something more complex.

Markus Humm wrote:
Am 19.08.2016 um 13:56 schrieb Amit Bueno:
Hi,

2. I got a model which is about 45mb (originally .dwg structured); (A) It take very long time loading it,. what are the know ways to load such sizes fast? (B) are there known tools (preferred opensourced ones) that exists of converting a model from one structure to another (for someone who hasn't got commercial software installed on his machine [usually in such tools a model could be loaded and later exported] -- I found blender to be the best, yet even it lacks some features), so that existing code coul
d load these?

Hello,

Delphi includes BOX2D afaik, which is a physics simulation engine.
It might help you as it provides things like collision detection,
gravity etc.

Greetings

Markus
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02