Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Error installing GLScene in XE7 (question)

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Jul 28, 2016 5:03 AM Last Post By: Adham Rozario Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Sergio Costa

Error installing GLScene in XE7 (question)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 25, 2015 4:08 AM
I have Delphi XE7 and I am using Windows 8 in a 64 bits Dell computer with a processor X64

I am trying to install GLscene using the instructions in file:///C:/GLscene/_Installation/Installation.htm

One year ago I succeeded but returned to use Delphi2010. Now I am starting again to use XE7.I am thinking about buying XE8 if I succeed but in case I do not succeed maybe I will have to forget even XE7 and go back to Delphi 2010 where GLscene works well

I downloaded GLscene version SVN update 6665 and tried to be carefull in seeting the library path
After many trials I always get the error message

[dcc32 Fatal Error] E2202 Required package 'DesignID' not found

I checked some posts about the same error but did not succeed. In Embarcadero forum I could not find anything about GLscene .
I did a search to find in which directory DesignIDE file is and I found it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\lib\win32\debug . I included also this in the library path but I get always the same merror message

Can you help me indicating where the error is ?
Adem Meda

Re: Error installing GLScene in XE7 (question)
Correct
  Posted: May 25, 2015 10:32 AM   in response to: Sergio Costa in response to: Sergio Costa
Sergio Costa wrote:

I did a search to find in which directory DesignIDE file is and I
found it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\lib\win32\debug.
I included also this in the library path but I get always the same
error message

1) You should not point to lib\win32\debug. The correct one is lib\win32\release

2) Check the stuff under 'Environmental Variables' in Tools | Options.

There should be an item called 'BDSBIN' with a value 'C:\Program Files
(x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\bin' (without the quotes, of course).

If this is missing, try adding it there --but, it may not be enough as it would
be an indication of an installation blunder on the part of Delphi. You may have
to reinstall the whole thing (Delphi) again.
Sergio Costa

Posted: May 25, 2015 2:41 PM   in response to: Sergio Costa in response to: Sergio Costa
Dear Adem
Thank you very much

The problem was solved with the

1) You should not point to lib\win32\debug. The correct one is lib\win32\release

The variable 'BDSBIN'was OK

Regards
acemary mary

Posted: Mar 29, 2016 3:53 AM   in response to: Sergio Costa in response to: Sergio Costa
Before upgrading to Delphi 10 Seattle I got a demo copy in Embarcadero site and tried to install GLscene following strictly the instructions in file:///C:/GLScene_VCL/_Installation/Installation.htm Delphi 10 seems to be good for my purpose but my main use would be using GLscene. I started the institucional following GLscene instructions. Everything was going well and I could go up to the step 10 without serious problems including the “Compile All From Here”. It compiled correctly. Nevertheless when I tried to “Install every DesignTime package of visual components to RAD Studio palette pages” in all of them I get an error of Access Violation … in module BDS.exe I installed and re-installed the Delphi 10 and tried other times without success. I am almost sure that the cause is something related to the path of the libraries. Can anyone help me ? More information in the GLscene forum The instructions for GLscene installation are in the GLscene Source Forge site
COMPLEMENTING WITH NEW INFORMATION http://www.traininginsholinganallur.in/web-designing-training-in-chennai.html
I wrote to Embarcadero and they sent me a licensed copy for some days for trying to install successfully the GLscene. GLscene / OpenGL is one of the most used free3D libraries in the World
I cleaned everything and removed the demo Delphi 10 version . I did all the steps of the installation.htm without any exception and "Compiled From Here" wperfectly without any hint
I tried then to INSTALL the design packages and in all of them I get exactly the same error message “Access violation at address 2B482C1 in module 'bds.exe' . Read of address 00000010.
Along these last five days I installed and removed Delphi10 many times trying to instaçll GLscene in it. Although using successfully GLscene for years with Delphi7, Delphi 10 and XE7 it seems that there is some small incompatibility for Delphi10 which worked well in your installation but not in my one.(compile perfectly but error in Install always related to bds.exe)
As my priority is using GLscene and not having a more recent version of Delphi, if I cannot solve the only option is to forget the idea of buying Delphi 10 but instaead to continue with Delphi XE7
More information in this post of GLscene forum http://www.trainingintambaram.in/php-training-in-chennai.html
Adham Rozario

Posted: Jul 28, 2016 5:03 AM   in response to: Sergio Costa in response to: Sergio Costa
If you still have the same problem contact the system admin. He can help you with the appropriate solution. There are many MBBS colleges in Karnataka awhere students will get the best teaching. But most of the students confuse to select the best college for admission. They know it is depends on their life and future is based on the guidance from the college. So be careful when choosing the best mbbs colleges.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02