Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Where can I get hold of IW.Common.System.pas and IW.Common.Strings.pas ?

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jul 28, 2016 11:59 AM Last Post By: Peter Tickler
Peter Tickler

Where can I get hold of IW.Common.System.pas and IW.Common.Strings.pas ?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 27, 2016 7:34 AM
I have got one of my upgraded ISAPI Intraweb (RAD Berlin - Delphi) systems up and running. However my second system uses maps (components supplied by TatukGis) and when I try to compile, one of their base .pas files has references to IW.System and IW.Strings. I note that these should replaced by IW.Common.System and IW.Common.Strings, but when I change these and try to compile, I receive a message that they were compiled under a different version. So can I access IW.Common.System.pas and IW.Common.Strings.pas?? I can only find the .dcu files.
Alexandre Machado

Re: Where can I get hold of IW.Common.System.pas and IW.Common.Strings.pas ?
Correct
  Posted: Jul 27, 2016 4:52 PM   in response to: Peter Tickler in response to: Peter Tickler
Peter Tickler wrote:
I have got one of my upgraded ISAPI Intraweb (RAD Berlin - Delphi) systems up and running. However my second system uses maps (components supplied by TatukGis) and when I try to compile, one of their base .pas files has references to IW.System and IW.Strings. I note that these should replaced by IW.Common.System and IW.Common.Strings, but when I change these and try to compile, I receive a message that they were compiled under a different version. So can I access IW.Common.System.pas and IW.Common.Strings.pas?? I can only find the .dcu files.

You can download IW sources from Purchase Point online: http://app.atozed.com

You must use the credentials used to purchase IntraWeb.

However, I suspect that your problem is not this. If TatukGis contains all the source code, it should be able to recompile if you replace the unit names as appropriate. This error message indicates something else (probably some .PAS file is missing in the TatukGis components)
Peter Tickler

Re: Where can I get hold of IW.Common.System.pas and IW.Common.Strings.pas ?  
  Posted: Jul 28, 2016 11:59 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Thanks Alexandre,

Yes, we needed to change various references in one of their component files. I downloaded the IW.Common.System.pas and IW.Common.Strings.pas from AtoZed as you instructed.

It didn't work even then at first, but we tracked down that some of the bundled Intraweb files had not been deleted when I did the uninstall before installing the full version (14.0.60).

After they had been deleted, I was able to compile successfully and get my application up and running.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02