Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Intraweb(in Delphi 7) problem

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Jul 27, 2016 4:56 AM Last Post By: Sandeep Kumar
Sandeep Kumar

Intraweb(in Delphi 7) problem
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 23, 2016 11:35 PM
Dear expert,
I am creating Internet based application using Intraweb. I am facing two problems:
1. I have create login window with 2 iwlabel, 2iwedit and a iwbutton. First problem is that there is no property like "password character" for iwedit.
2. Second problem is that how to change font style of any iwcontrol.

Thnx
Sandeep
Daniel Fields

Re: Intraweb(in Delphi 7) problem
  Posted: Jul 24, 2016 12:26 AM   in response to: Sandeep Kumar in response to: Sandeep Kumar
1. TIWEdit.PasswordPrompt property will mask the password input.

2. There is a Font property for many controls. Set the FontFamily to one of the available choices, like "Arial, Sans-Serif, Verdana". Next, Type in the FontName, like "Arial". You can then Set the Size and Style properties.
Sandeep Kumar

Posted: Jul 24, 2016 1:48 AM   in response to: Daniel Fields in response to: Daniel Fields
Daniel Fields wrote:
1. TIWEdit.PasswordPrompt property will mask the password input.

2. There is a Font property for many controls. Set the FontFamily to one of the available choices, like "Arial, Sans-Serif, Verdana". Next, Type in the FontName, like "Arial". You can then Set the Size and Style properties.

Thanx Daniel sir, I will try and post reuslt

Sandeep Kumar

Posted: Jul 26, 2016 8:54 PM   in response to: Sandeep Kumar in response to: Sandeep Kumar
Sir Daniel Fields,
I want to use hindi font in my IntraWeb Application.
Plz giude me.

Thnx
Sandeep

Arthur Hoornweg

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 12:42 AM   in response to: Sandeep Kumar in response to: Sandeep Kumar
Sandeep Kumar wrote:
Sir Daniel Fields,
I want to use hindi font in my IntraWeb Application.
Plz giude me.

I doubt if that's possible, given that Delphi 7 doesn't support unicode?

Daniel Fields

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 2:15 AM   in response to: Sandeep Kumar in response to: Sandeep Kumar
That is not my area of expertise. I like using the CG Dev products because of the themes. I have modified some of those CSS files by hand, but that was limited to tweaking style elements that I disliked.

I mention that because the best way to do that would be through CSS. You can find all kinds of information about that through a search. You can probably find lessons in your native language to make it easier to learn. You would create the necessary CSS files and then put them into your application folder. You could use the CSS property of individual controls to apply the styling defined in your CSS file.

You could use the CG Dev components and modify an existing theme's CSS. That would give you more controls to work with, and you would not have to style each control individually. I know they have documentation on working with custom CSS.

You are most likely going to run into some problems because of Delphi 7. If you want to maximize the latest technology, you will have to get into the XE versions. It will be worth the trouble and expense. I was stuck on Delphi 2010 for longer than I could stand. It got to the point where I could not use all of the features of component sets that I really depended upon. I had to upgrade to use everything I pay for in the component sets.

Edited by: Daniel Fields on Jul 27, 2016 2:18 AM
Sandeep Kumar

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 4:56 AM   in response to: Daniel Fields in response to: Daniel Fields
Deneil sir if it is possible in XE versions, provide me guide.

Thnx for your response and hint for my problem. I will try it with CSS file

Thnx
Sandeep kumar

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02