Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: GetIt Package Manager "License status check failure (Error code: -3)"

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Jan 17, 2017 6:38 AM Last Post By: Ignasi Mateos Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Ahmed Sayed

GetIt Package Manager "License status check failure (Error code: -3)"  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 11, 2016 1:20 AM
Hello All,

I am facing a weird problem that came out of no where suddenly my GetIt Package Manager started to give me this error on every package i try to install. I checked the license every thing is OK and works fine, the IDE works fine.

License status check failure (Error code: -3).

Does anyone knows why I am getting this error? I am using RAD Studio 10 without update 1.
--
The limits of my language mean the limits of my world
Steve Sinclair

Re: GetIt Package Manager "License status check failure (Error code: -3)"  
  Posted: Jul 26, 2016 7:43 AM   in response to: Ahmed Sayed in response to: Ahmed Sayed
I am getting this too, a google search found this post but unfortunately there is no answers, anyone know how to fix this?

Ahmed Sayed wrote:
Hello All,

I am facing a weird problem that came out of no where suddenly my GetIt Package Manager started to give me this error on every package i try to install. I checked the license every thing is OK and works fine, the IDE works fine.

Does anyone knows why I am getting this error? I am using RAD Studio 10 without update 1.
--
The limits of my language mean the limits of my world
Nathan Webers

Posted: Aug 10, 2016 8:49 AM   in response to: Ahmed Sayed in response to: Ahmed Sayed
One of my team members is also encountering this error and I have verified that his license credentials for Delphi are in order. Some suggestions on what to do for this issue would be helpful.

Ahmed Sayed wrote:
Hello All,

Steve Sinclair

Posted: Aug 10, 2016 11:24 PM   in response to: Nathan Webers in response to: Nathan Webers
Nathan Webers wrote:
One of my team members is also encountering this error and I have verified that his license credentials for Delphi are in order. Some suggestions on what to do for this issue would be helpful.

I posted in Google + two weeks ago about this and Marco Cantu said they were trying to fix it but it is still not working for me. I also saw about a month ago an advert looking for a contractor to work on GetIt for about a month. It's things like these that make me worry about what is going on. The Delphi community is understandably nervous after yet another big change with IDERA taking over and the loss of the Spanish development team. The way I see it attention to detail in highly visible things like this would go along way to steadying the the ship. I read the interview in the Blaise Pascal magazine with the CEO of Embarcadero and he just sounded like a politician. Actions speak louder than words and Embarcadero's inability to get this resolved speaks volumes unfortunately.
Nathan Webers

Posted: Aug 12, 2016 9:17 AM   in response to: Ahmed Sayed in response to: Ahmed Sayed
What we did was actually follow the advice of the error message "... contact support". I submitted a support ticket to the support section. Within a day, they resolved the issue on their end though I'm not sure how. It is likely that it has something to do with their license server though if they could fix the issue on their side.
Ignasi Mateos

Posted: Jan 17, 2017 6:38 AM   in response to: Nathan Webers in response to: Nathan Webers
Hi all,

A mate in my company is facing the same problem when trying to install VirtualTree from GetIt (the rest of the team had no problems at all). It also happened to him with Boost, but after restarting Embarcadero RAD10 a couple of times it finally worked, but no luck with VirtualTree...

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Ignasi

Nathan Webers wrote:
What we did was actually follow the advice of the error message "... contact support". I submitted a support ticket to the support section. Within a day, they resolved the issue on their end though I'm not sure how. It is likely that it has something to do with their license server though if they could fix the issue on their side.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02