Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Google indexing for Intraweb App

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jul 22, 2016 10:01 AM Last Post By: Daniel Fields
Michael Schumann

Google indexing for Intraweb App  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 22, 2016 12:12 AM
As my web pages grow to a web application I decided to use Intraweb for the new page and let it deliver the few static contents focusing on the application part. In combination with IWBootstrap this is an unbeatable Toolset.

My current page is online for quite some time and has acceptable positions in Google search. I would like to keep this when changing over to the Intraweb application. This raises a critical question:

How can I make Google think nothing has changed and not treat the new page as brand new and reset all "achievements" based on clicks?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

Edited by: Michael Schumann on Jul 22, 2016 12:13 AM
Daniel Fields

Re: Google indexing for Intraweb App  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 22, 2016 10:01 AM   in response to: Michael Schumann in response to: Michael Schumann
I am not an expert in this area by any measure. However, if the domain remains the same, you could keep a shadow copy of the page (with the same name) as static content. You could then direct search engine traffic to that resource from the ServerController.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02