Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: [Delphi 10.1] TMultiView and TLayout

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jul 18, 2016 7:24 AM Last Post By: Pedro Santos
Pedro Santos

[Delphi 10.1] TMultiView and TLayout  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 15, 2016 11:35 AM
Hello there!

I've created a multi-device app with Delphi XE8, having a Form with some TLayout aligned as Top, and a TMultiView (Mode = *Drawer*) acting like a simple menu. This app worked fine in Windows 10 (computer), but as I have some "try...except" in my source code, none of them worked correct in Android. After some searching, I've found that only Delphi 10.1 is compatible with Android 6.0, so I've downloaded the trial version to make some tests.

In fact, the "try...except" now works fine in Android 6.0, but even in Windows 10 the TMultiView is messed up! So after creating a new project in Delphi 10.1, I've found that when setting the align property of TLayout as Top, the TMultiView Height (Size) is affected. Even if I replace TLayout with a TButton, aligning it as Top or Bottom, affects the TMultiView.

So I don't know if this is an issue or the way it should be... Can anyone give me some light?

Thanks in advance!

Pedro
Douglas Rudd

Re: [Delphi 10.1] TMultiView and TLayout
Helpful
  Posted: Jul 16, 2016 4:33 PM   in response to: Pedro Santos in response to: Pedro Santos
I have always been able make it look right if I use enough layouts in the right places.

If I understand what you are trying to do, first add a layout aligned to the whole client and then add your Top layout inside that.
Pedro Santos

Re: [Delphi 10.1] TMultiView and TLayout  
  Posted: Jul 18, 2016 7:24 AM   in response to: Douglas Rudd in response to: Douglas Rudd
Hello Douglas, thanks for your feedback!

You are right, using a client Layout (and inside of it all others visual classes) resolves the problem. It's funny, but in XE8 I didn't need to do that...

Thanks again!

Douglas Rudd wrote:
I have always been able make it look right if I use enough layouts in the right places.

If I understand what you are trying to do, first add a layout aligned to the whole client and then add your Top layout inside that.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02