Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Delphi 10 Seattle - IOS Combobox Picker how to set to wider width.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jul 10, 2016 7:02 AM Last Post By: Eli M
William Brookfi...

Delphi 10 Seattle - IOS Combobox Picker how to set to wider width.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 5, 2016 9:49 AM
Is there a way to set the width of the IOS combobox picker that is shown when dropdown kind is Native?
I have several items that are larger than the default width and setting the ItemWidth or listbox.width does not change the width of the IOS picker.
I tried to set dropdownkind to custom, but it selects an item when you attempt to scroll list.

I did get the Firepower (WollToWoll) to work when set to Custom dropdownkind , but it does not have the native look and feel of IOS picker.

Have to believe there is a way to widen the ios native picker.

I built a test app with just a picker and several values That are all 50 characters or longer and the picker always shows the same width.

Edited by: William Brookfield on Jul 5, 2016 2:48 PM
Eli M

Re: Delphi 10 Seattle - IOS Combobox Picker how to set to wider width.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 10, 2016 7:02 AM   in response to: William Brookfi... in response to: William Brookfi...
Seems like the relevant code is in FMX.Pickers.IOS.pas. Might be able to copy that RTL file to your project and tweak the width directly. Not sure if this is the correct line but there is:

FListBoxPicker.setAutoresizingMask(UIViewAutoresizingFlexibleWidth);

You can also create your own drop down functionality. Disable the normal functionality and just create a (native?) TListBox in the correct place where the drop down would be.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02