Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: missing components in c++builder berlin 10.1

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Oct 13, 2016 11:39 AM Last Post By: michel achille Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
michel achille

missing components in c++builder berlin 10.1  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 30, 2016 7:54 AM
Good morning, I try for the first time a new installation of c++ builder berlin 10.1.starter edition. I need the following components : TWindowsMediaPlayer , TWebBrowser but I can't find them. Does that mean that they are not suplied with starter edition?
Does anybody knows a way to bring those components to "Palette d'outils"
thanks
Greg Reese

Re: missing components in c++builder berlin 10.1
Helpful
  Posted: Jul 5, 2016 12:56 PM   in response to: michel achille in response to: michel achille
michel achille wrote:
Good morning, I try for the first time a new installation of c++ builder berlin 10.1.starter edition. I need the following components : TWindowsMediaPlayer , TWebBrowser but I can't find them. Does that mean that they are not suplied with starter edition?

According to the products feature matrix at https://www.embarcadero.com/docs/rad-studio-berlin-feature-matrix.pdf,
TWebBrowser for Windows does come in the starter edition (page 3, item 10) but not for OS X (page 3, item 11) . Item 14 on page 6 though says that "TWebBrowser supporting a recent version of the Microsoft IE ActiveX" does not come in the starter edition, so maybe the starter has an old version of the component.

There is no TWindowsMediaPlayer - it's called TMediaPlayer. Item 22 on page 2 and item 10 on page 6 indicate that the media player for both VCL and FireMonkey comes in the starter edition.

michel achille wrote:

Click on the design tab of the unit that you want to put the player in. Then in the "Additional" section of the tool palette look for TMediaPlayer, or alternatively, click in the search box and type in "mediaplayer".
Rudy Velthuis (...

Helpful
  Posted: Jul 6, 2016 5:09 AM   in response to: michel achille in response to: michel achille
michel achille wrote:

Good morning, I try for the first time a new installation of c++
builder berlin 10.1.starter edition.

It is very well possible that certain components and other features are
missing from the Starter edition. It is a pretty cheap, but also
limited edition of the full editions. But note that even the far higher
priced Professional edition is a bit limited compared to the
Enterprise, Ultimate or Architect editions.

--
Rudy Velthuis http://www.rvelthuis.de

"If there is no God, who pops up the next Kleenex?"
-- Art Hoppe.
michel achille

Posted: Oct 13, 2016 11:39 AM   in response to: michel achille in response to: michel achille
michel achille wrote:
thanks
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02