Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: EPropertyConvertError exception on boolean value of 1

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 0
John Baird

EPropertyConvertError exception on boolean value of 1  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 29, 2016 9:35 PM
I'm using C++Builder XE7 and am trying to use the WSDL to retrieve data from Novell's GroupWise. All is fine until a boolean field is returned which results in an EPropertyConvertError with message "Invalid property element: 1". GroupWise returns "1" instead of "true", and presumably "0" instead of "false", which as I understand it is valid. A google search reveals that accepting only "true" and "false" boolean values has been a known issue with the Embarcadero WSDL for more than a decade. Quality Central report 9550 (int ID 246782) describes this problem (or at least an identical one) and marks it as fixed.

Is this actually fixed post XE7? Are there any work-arounds for C++Builder users? I've invested a lot of effort to get to this point. Delphi users appear to be able to modify the WSDL source but I do not seem to have that. A quick attempt at modifying the WSDL generated groupwise.h to use 'short' instead of 'bool' had no effect.

TIA, John
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02