Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: BtChat app reads/writes to my Bl device but Delphi sample BlueChat can't???

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jun 28, 2016 10:25 PM Last Post By: Jorge Uriarte
Jorge Uriarte

BtChat app reads/writes to my Bl device but Delphi sample BlueChat can't???  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 3, 2016 3:19 PM
Hi There,
I download BtChap app from the PlayStore, and it connects to my Bl device every time. Reads and writes just as I wanted on my project; but I don have the source code. In Delphi XE7, there is a sample BlueChat (SPP) that seems to do about the same as BtChap, that is read and write a char(byte). I compiled and run on my phone. BlueChat does discover and pair to my Bl device, but not matter what I try, it never connects to my Bl device because my Bl device led does not flash twice per flash, and can't read/write nothing... The source code is in XE7 but I am not sure what to debug for.

Here are my Bl device settings:

***Settings***
BTA=D88039F00CC7
BTName=ESCALA-0CC7
Baudrt=115K
Mode =0
Authen=2
PinCod=1234
Bonded=1
Rem=6477919EE0D3

Any advice will be appreciated.
Jorge

Markus Humm

Re: BtChat app reads/writes to my Bl device but Delphi sample BlueChat can't???  
  Posted: May 8, 2016 8:37 AM   in response to: Jorge Uriarte in response to: Jorge Uriarte
Am 04.05.2016 um 00:19 schrieb Jorge Uriarte:
Hi There,
I download BtChap app from the PlayStore, and it connects to my Bl device every time. Reads and writes just as I wanted on my project; but I don have the source code. In Delphi XE7, there is a sample BlueChat (SPP) that seems to do about the same as BtChap, that is read and write a char(byte). I compiled and run on my phone. BlueChat does discover and pair to my Bl device, but not matter what I try, it never connects to my Bl device because my Bl device led does not flash twice per flash, and can't read/w
rite nothing... The source code is in XE7 but I am not sure what to debug for.

***Settings***
BTA=D88039F00CC7
BTName=ESCALA-0CC7
Baudrt=115K
Mode =0
Authen=2
PinCod=1234
Bonded=1
Rem=6477919EE0D3

Jorge

Hello,

what kind of device are you trying to connect to?
Is there any failure message?
Did you already run monitor.bat from your Android SDK installation to be
able to view the log messages the app might post?

Greetings

Markus
Jorge Uriarte

Re: BtChat app reads/writes to my Bl device but Delphi sample BlueChat can't???  
  Posted: Jun 28, 2016 10:25 PM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
Markus Humm wrote:
Am 04.05.2016 um 00:19 schrieb Jorge Uriarte:
Hi There,
I download BtChap app from the PlayStore, and it connects to my Bl device every time. Reads and writes just as I wanted on my project; but I don have the source code. In Delphi XE7, there is a sample BlueChat (SPP) that seems to do about the same as BtChap, that is read and write a char(byte). I compiled and run on my phone. BlueChat does discover and pair to my Bl device, but not matter what I try, it never connects to my Bl device because my Bl device led does not flash twice per flash, and can't read/w
rite nothing... The source code is in XE7 but I am not sure what to debug for.

***Settings***
BTA=D88039F00CC7
BTName=ESCALA-0CC7
Baudrt=115K
Mode =0
Authen=2
PinCod=1234
Bonded=1
Rem=6477919EE0D3

Jorge

Hello,

what kind of device are you trying to connect to?
Is there any failure message?
Did you already run monitor.bat from your Android SDK installation to be
able to view the log messages the app might post?

Greetings

Markus

Hi Markus,

There is no error because the paired device was not bonded. Please look at the sample code and verify my assessment in my message titled:

"In XE7 BlueChat sample, where is the device bonded? Is it incomplete?"

Thanks, Jorge

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02