Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: TChart on second form crash under OSX

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Jun 19, 2016 2:39 AM Last Post By: Nicolò Blunda
Nicolò Blunda

TChart on second form crash under OSX  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 18, 2016 10:16 PM
Hello.
XE10 very simple project, with Form1 + TButton and Form2 + TChart (only this one component!)
If I open Form2 from Form1 Button click (Form2,Show or Form2.ShowModal), In WIN all work fine, but under OSX app crashes and closes.
Markus Humm

Re: TChart on second form crash under OSX  
  Posted: Jun 19, 2016 12:12 AM   in response to: Nicolò Blunda in response to: Nicolò Blunda
Am 19.06.2016 um 07:16 schrieb Nicolò Blunda:
Hello.
XE10 very simple project, with Form1 + TButton and Form2 + TChart (only this one component!)
If I open Form2 from Form1 Button click (Form2,Show or Form2.ShowModal), In WIN all work fine, but under OSX app crashes and closes.

Do you get any crash message?
Do you have anything in OnShow event of the form?
Form2 is auto created, right (just to make sure)?

You might want to file a quality.embarcadero.com report about that.

Greetings

Markus
Nicolò Blunda

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 2:05 AM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
Markus Humm wrote:
Am 19.06.2016 um 07:16 schrieb Nicolò Blunda:
Hello.

Do you get any crash message?

None crash message. The app closed, freeze (sometimes with TChart partially showed) after Button1 is pressed (if TChart is not present, Form2 open fine),

Do you have anything in OnShow event of the form?

None code in OnShow event. Only event handler in project is Button1.onclick (Form2.Show)

Form2 is auto created, right (just to make sure)?

Yes

You might want to file a quality.embarcadero.com report about that.

Thank you. I will send...

Greetings

Markus
David Berneda

Correct
  Posted: Jun 19, 2016 2:06 AM   in response to: Nicolò Blunda in response to: Nicolò Blunda
Nicolò Blunda wrote:
Hello.

I'll take a look tomorrow. One thing you might try is setting Chart1.BufferedDisplay := False before showing the form

regards
david
Nicolò Blunda

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 2:39 AM   in response to: David Berneda in response to: David Berneda
David Berneda wrote:
Nicolò Blunda wrote:
Hello.

I'll take a look tomorrow. One thing you might try is setting Chart1.BufferedDisplay := False before showing the form

regards
david

It Works.
You're MAGIC!!
Thank you very much.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02