Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Events not firing on delpoyed web server app

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: May 29, 2016 11:29 PM Last Post By: wijnaldum william
Bill Mullen

Events not firing on delpoyed web server app
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 25, 2014 4:04 PM
I just purchased RAD Studio XE7 and installed HTML5 Builder. I had developed my first page and am experiencing problems with events not firing with the deployed code. Everything works perfectly locally.

Once the page is displayed, I view the source and click on the link to the JS file. On the deployed sites, the first three lines are:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home4/omhgssmi/public_html/LearnForHomes.com/LearnForTeachers/SchoolPurchaseOrders/L4Tspo.php:10) in /home4/omhgssmi/public_html/LearnForHomes.com/LearnForTeachers/SchoolPurchaseOrders/rpcl/forms.inc.php on line 1078
var Page1=new Object(Object);

The local copy of the JS file when run from within HTML5 Builder begins as expected:

var Page1=new Object(Object);

I have looked over all the documentation and don't see where I may have missed any files. I used the Deploy wizard and deployed all the files that were in the deployment folder. (I did have to manually upload images as the entire image folder was excluded by the wizard.)

Any ideas?
richard sonkane

Re: Events not firing on delpoyed web server app
  Posted: Mar 14, 2016 10:50 PM   in response to: Bill Mullen in response to: Bill Mullen
down vote
accepted
I found the issue was that we forgot to switch off the tracing tag in the Web.Config

<trace enabled="true" requestLimit="40" localOnly="false" Output="false" />
So although it was working locally (because it was in Debug mode) it did not work on the server

The other issue was, because we were using these pages in iFrames we need to avoid

Response.Redirect()
And needed to add a privacy policy to the pages so that they can be trusted by Web browsers, like this:

response.addHeader("P3P","CP=\"IDC DSP COR ADM DEVi TAIi PSA PSD IVAi IVDi CONi HIS OUR IND CNT\"")
Hope this can be of some help to somebody else

hadoop training in chennai | aws training in chennai | informatica training in chennai

Edited by: richard sonkane on Mar 14, 2016 10:50 PM
wijnaldum william

Re: Events not firing on delpoyed web server app
  Posted: May 29, 2016 11:28 PM   in response to: Bill Mullen in response to: Bill Mullen
The developing for your code to iis and launching the web page on your browser of choice, then will be go to debug visual studio and choose attach file from the process.The file will be open from the dialog windows whrer the processes is listed form the windows you've to check box the processor was show from the all users.And then you've to locate that the file local path w3wp.exe file path process in the list , now to attach the file link and the update the file from attach button.It's will be take from little bot of time(only seconds) to loaded the synbols and make your break point active.Now you have to generate even pount and then even handlers breakpointed on the sever-side.finally, the debugger stop from the breakpoint just you've to like when you're pressed bottuon f5 in visusal studio before developing to IIS

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Response.Redirect("CmMsg.aspx")
End Sub

Hadoop Training in Chennai | Informatica Training in Chennai | Aws Training in Chennai

Edited by: wijnaldum william on May 29, 2016 11:28 PM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02