Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: TStyleBook is not working on XE7

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Jun 22, 2016 8:23 AM Last Post By: Eitan Arbel
Eitan Arbel

TStyleBook is not working on XE7  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 28, 2016 7:24 AM
hi guys.

when i place a TStyleBook on a form and set its style file, everything looks normal inside the Delphi IDE, but when i run it in my Galaxy S2, no style is set, and everything looks like the default Android styles.

plus, i'm still not sure which file i should use.
in my C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\Styles folders, there are .Style, .VSF, and Androind\*.FSF files.
i tried all of them, but i still get the same annoying result - nothing changes...

of course, i tried to set the Master view, and my chosen ones too.
also made sure that the form is connected to the TStyleBook.

this problem is driving me crazy

Thanks
Eitan Arbel

Re: TStyleBook is not working on XE7  
  Posted: Jun 5, 2016 4:30 AM   in response to: Eitan Arbel in response to: Eitan Arbel
anybody...?
John Kouraklis

Posted: Jun 5, 2016 7:06 AM   in response to: Eitan Arbel in response to: Eitan Arbel
Eitan Arbel wrote:
hi guys.

when i place a TStyleBook on a form and set its style file, everything looks normal inside the Delphi IDE, but when i run it in my Galaxy S2, no style is set, and everything looks like the default Android styles.

plus, i'm still not sure which file i should use.
in my C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\Styles folders, there are .Style, .VSF, and Androind\*.FSF files.
i tried all of them, but i still get the same annoying result - nothing changes...

of course, i tried to set the Master view, and my chosen ones too.
also made sure that the form is connected to the TStyleBook.

this problem is driving me crazy

Thanks

Eitan,

I haven't played with Android and Delphi but one thing that comes in mind the deployment manager.

How do you set the style file to the TStyleBook? It sounds like that the style find is not loaded which means your app can't find it. Have you tried to include the style file in the deployment package?

Regarding the file type, I am pretty sure you need to go with the .style file. The .vsf is for VLC apps (if I am not mistaken)
Eitan Arbel

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 11:49 AM   in response to: John Kouraklis in response to: John Kouraklis
I haven't played with Android and Delphi but one thing that comes in mind the deployment manager.

How do you set the style file to the TStyleBook? It sounds like that the style find is not loaded which means your app can't find it. Have you tried to include the style file in the deployment package?

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay John

yes, i added the style in the deployment manager - still not seeing and change in my phone.
i can see the app running normally in my phone, but everything is like there is no style, and in the IDE everything looks ok...
i also added the styles folder in the Search path of my project.

any other ideas?

Thanks

John Kouraklis

Posted: Jun 19, 2016 9:43 AM   in response to: Eitan Arbel in response to: Eitan Arbel
Eitan Arbel wrote:

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the delay John

yes, i added the style in the deployment manager - still not seeing and change in my phone.
i can see the app running normally in my phone, but everything is like there is no style, and in the IDE everything looks ok...
i also added the styles folder in the Search path of my project.

any other ideas?

Thanks

Another idea----

Add the style file in the resources of the project and the load it from there.

Maybe it will work.
Eitan Arbel

Posted: Jun 22, 2016 8:23 AM   in response to: John Kouraklis in response to: John Kouraklis
Thank you John.

i tried that too.
no change...
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02