Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Delphi 10 Seattle and Test Flight

Permlink Replies: 8 - Last Post: Mar 25, 2017 1:56 AM Last Post By: Francisco Peris
Paul Bedford

Delphi 10 Seattle and Test Flight
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 25, 2015 2:34 AM
We use Test Flight to Beta test our mobile applications for iOS, it in the past it has worked really well.

When I came to upload our first mobile application to Test Flight from Delphi 10 Seattle, so I have iOS 9 compatibility, I came across a problem.

The build uploaded stated that :

External testing is not supported for builds that have been created with a beta version of Xcode or iOS.

This means you cannot use that build for external beta testing.

I have found the work around.

Your info.plist must contain all the folllowing section (the values worked for me):

<key>DTPlatformName</key>
<string>iphoneos</string>
<key>DTPlatformBuild</key>
<string>12H141</string>
<key>DTXcodeBuild</key>
<string>6E35b</string>
<key>DTSDKBuild</key>
<string>12H141</string>

Now I can use a new build for external beta testing. I use a different info.plist to be deployed at build/deployment time this is how I get this information in there (I need to until Delphi supports putting arrays into the version info so I can include my font information).

This might be required for older versions of Delphi as well.

I thought I post this information to save others time.

Paul Bedford.
Senior Delphi Developer
Kinetic Solutions Ltd.
Ulrik Zakariasson

Re: Delphi 10 Seattle and Test Flight
  Posted: Oct 14, 2015 1:25 PM   in response to: Paul Bedford in response to: Paul Bedford
Thank you so much! I've struggled with this for three days now and finally got it to work thanks to your post. For me it sufficed to add the DTSDKBuild key.
Janet Brown

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 4:20 PM   in response to: Paul Bedford in response to: Paul Bedford
Thanks. Your post saved me from insanity. By the way, for future reference, how did you find the values that you posted?
Dave Nottage

Posted: Jan 12, 2016 3:35 PM   in response to: Paul Bedford in response to: Paul Bedford
Your info.plist must contain all the folllowing section (the values worked for me):

<string>12H141</string>
<key>DTXcodeBuild</key>
<string>6E35b</string>
<key>DTSDKBuild</key>
<string>12H141</string>

Now I can use a new build for external beta testing. I use a different info.plist to be deployed at build/deployment time this is how I get this information in there (I need to until Delphi supports putting arrays into the version info so I can include my font information).

I've been struggling with TestFlight for the last couple of weeks. Apple support are pretty unhelpful in this regard.

Thanks for your post; I'll check it out tonight.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Delphi Worlds blog: http://delphi.radsoft.com.au/blog
Osvaldo Júnior

Posted: May 3, 2016 11:40 AM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
This now (03/05/2016):

<string>13A340</string>
<key>DTXcodeBuild</key>
<string>7A1001</string>
<key>DTSDKBuild</key>
<string>13A340</string>
Rob Uttley

Posted: May 18, 2016 3:38 AM   in response to: Paul Bedford in response to: Paul Bedford
Hi folks, I'm tasked with setting this up for our project next week (Seattle).

We're currently using Xcode 7.3.1 (7D1014) deploying onto iOS 9.3.x devices (iPad 3, iPad Mini gen 2, iPhone 5S and above).

Does anyone know what the current values for these keys needs to be - I can see where the Xcode one is probably coming from, but not sure where I'd research/confirm the other values?

Cheers
Rob
Dave Nottage

Posted: May 18, 2016 5:06 AM   in response to: Rob Uttley in response to: Rob Uttley
Rob Uttley wrote:

Does anyone know what the current values for these keys needs to be - I can see where the Xcode one is probably
coming from, but not sure where I'd research/confirm the other values?

I'm using 13E230 (iOS 9.3) for both DTPlatformBuild (Delphi 10.1 Berlin generates this one anyway), and DTSDKBuild
(needs to be added as a key to the Version Info in the Project Options for Release mode), and my apps submit to
TestFlight OK.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Hint, tips and tricks at: http://www.delphiworlds.com/blog
Francisco Peris

Posted: Mar 23, 2017 4:09 PM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Dave Nottage wrote:
Rob Uttley wrote:

Does anyone know what the current values for these keys needs to be - I can see where the Xcode one is probably

I'm using 13E230 (iOS 9.3) for both DTPlatformBuild (Delphi 10.1 Berlin generates this one anyway), and DTSDKBuild
(needs to be added as a key to the Version Info in the Project Options for Release mode), and my apps submit to
TestFlight OK.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

HI there:

I have found this post because I am uploading an app to Testflight and I had the same error.

After adding

DTPlatformBuild
DTSDKBuild

both equal to 13E230

now Testflight says that there is no beta entitlement. And this is false, I can see

<key>beta-reports-active</key>
<true/>

in the entitlements file .

Any help?

Edited by: Francisco Peris on Mar 24, 2017 1:26 AM
Francisco Peris

Posted: Mar 25, 2017 1:56 AM   in response to: Francisco Peris in response to: Francisco Peris
Francisco Peris wrote:
Dave Nottage wrote:
Rob Uttley wrote:

TestFlight OK.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

HI there:

I have found this post because I am uploading an app to Testflight and I had the same error.

After adding

DTPlatformBuild
DTSDKBuild

both equal to 13E230

now Testflight says that there is no beta entitlement. And this is false, I can see

<key>beta-reports-active</key>
<true/>

in the entitlements file .

Any help?

Edited by: Francisco Peris on Mar 24, 2017 1:26 AM

This is very strange. This morning I check itunes connect...and the same build now hds not any error.. Therefore...the build is now in revision.

So crazy...
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02