Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Berlin 10.1 Error: "Unable to update language source of myapp.ridl"

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: May 5, 2016 11:20 AM Last Post By: Brian Ford
Brian Ford

Berlin 10.1 Error: "Unable to update language source of myapp.ridl"
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 28, 2016 7:07 AM
After updating to 10.1 Berlin from Seattle I can no longer use the "Refresh Implementation" button in the type library editor. It just returns an error saying "Unable to update language source of myapp.ridl". Anyone else seen this before?
I can still load the same project under Seattle and the "refresh implementation" button works perfectly.

Edited by: Brian Ford on Apr 28, 2016 7:08 AM
Brian Ford

Re: Berlin 10.1 Error: "Unable to update language source of myapp.ridl"
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 5, 2016 11:20 AM   in response to: Brian Ford in response to: Brian Ford
I finally found the solution today; when I also found that all the ActiveX presets were missing from the File->New->Other dialog and started googling..
I found a link to this page which fixed all my issues: http://delphi.org/2016/04/where-is-the-activex-project-type-for-delphi-10-1-berlin/

Sure would be nice if Embarcadero followed these forums and let us know about these things!

Brian Ford wrote:
After updating to 10.1 Berlin from Seattle I can no longer use the "Refresh Implementation" button in the type library editor. It just returns an error saying "Unable to update language source of myapp.ridl". Anyone else seen this before?
I can still load the same project under Seattle and the "refresh implementation" button works perfectly.

Edited by: Brian Ford on Apr 28, 2016 7:08 AM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02