Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: FullScreen lost in Android when I have a Splash screen

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 12 - Last Post: May 2, 2016 12:51 PM Last Post By: Markus Humm
Free Dorfman

FullScreen lost in Android when I have a Splash screen  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 29, 2016 6:46 PM
10 Seattle. FMX. Android.

Tiny Test App, using this basic scheme for splash screen implementation: http://www.uweraabe.de/Blog/2016/01/22/a-splash-form-in-firemonkey/

Everything's fine, except: FullScreen isn't working on the MainForm. The SplashForm is in FullScreen, MainForm not.

If I simply change the DPR to autocreate MainForm instead of SplashForm, all is well (albeit without any Splash screen).

I've tried setting MainForm.FullScreen := true in a number of places (it's FormCreate, just after the call to TMainForm.Create, after Application.MainForm := MainForm).. Not helping.

I have toggled Project Options | Version Info | theme between TitleBar and No TitleBar. Also not helping

Full source here (just the dpr/dproj & 2 pas/fmx pairs): http://puzelle.com/delphi/splash.zip

And while I'm currently workarounding this with a post-show timer (Interval := 1; yes: 1/1000th of a second), I find this infuriating:
(a) it's just more kludge. a seemingly never-ending list of kludge-y workarounds
(b) the Android title bar is in fact visible briefly - a flash "up top" on the device - and that's just fugly!

Thanks.
Eli M

Re: FullScreen lost in Android when I have a Splash screen  
  Posted: Apr 30, 2016 10:19 PM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
Use a single form that is the main form. Then use TFrames instead of other forms.

Can also use TFrameStand.

https://github.com/andrea-magni/TFrameStand

Or TneTabControl

https://github.com/jkour/neTabControl
Free Dorfman

Posted: Apr 30, 2016 11:08 PM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:
Use a single form that is the main form. Then use TFrames instead of other forms.

Can also use TFrameStand.

https://github.com/andrea-magni/TFrameStand

Or TneTabControl

https://github.com/jkour/neTabControl

And another one. I have been like everywhere reading about FMX, Android & Splash. No mention of this either!

Nowhere (that I've come across) is there like a simple, complete Just-the-Splash-And-Main-Screen-(looking) sample app.

Where's all this info in the slightly advanced (like Phase 2) version of Designing your first Multi-device app with RAD...?
Free Dorfman

Posted: Apr 30, 2016 11:19 PM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
So is there any compelling reason to ever have more than one Form in a FireMonkey mobile app?
Eli M

Posted: Apr 30, 2016 11:35 PM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
600+ Firemonkey articles:
http://www.fmxexpress.com/

Free Dorfman wrote:
Where's all this info in the slightly advanced (like Phase 2) version of Designing your first Multi-device app with RAD...?
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: May 1, 2016 1:37 PM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
Delphi Seattle or later has built in splash screen option for android now though..you just select the image to use..
no other code needed to
yes/no?
Free Dorfman

Posted: May 1, 2016 2:41 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Brian Hamilton Hamilton wrote:
Delphi Seattle or later has built in splash screen option for android now though..you just select the image to use..
no other code needed to
yes/no?

Brian,

Although I might be totally off here, I posted this: https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=210639 about there being like two splash screens. The "logo" one and the "real" one.

Aren't you talking about the "logo" one. Which is fine (no-code-wise), but I believe that that is only up until my Application.MainForm and then I need to "splash within the app"?

Is that not correct?
Eli M

Posted: May 1, 2016 2:49 PM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
You only need the internal Firemonkey based splash screen if you feel like the app appears to be loading slow of if once you get into Firemonkey you have to do a lot of object creation and loading data.
Free Dorfman

Posted: Apr 30, 2016 11:20 PM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
So is there any compelling reason to ever have more than one Form in a FireMonkey mobile app?
Eli M

Posted: Apr 30, 2016 11:39 PM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
Depends on the main device you're targeting.

I don't use Fullscreen in the enterprise app that I built so it isn't a problem. It has 8 forms. Main target is IOS though it runs everywhere.

Free Dorfman wrote:
Free Dorfman

Posted: May 1, 2016 2:49 PM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:

I don't use Fullscreen in the enterprise app that I built so it isn't a problem. It has 8 forms. Main target is IOS though it runs everywhere.

Free Dorfman wrote:

Is the implication here that (although this may only be true for Android) if you were using FullScreen you'd have to have just the one form? Unless you don't care about the "briefly appearing" Android Title Bar?

Thanks Again.
Markus Humm

Re: FullScreen lost in Android when I have a Splash screen [Edit]  
  Posted: May 2, 2016 12:50 PM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
Am 01.05.2016 um 23:49 schrieb Free Dorfman:
Eli M wrote:

Free Dorfman wrote:

Is the implication here that (although this may only be true for Android) if you were using FullScreen you'd have to have just the one form? Unless you don't care about the "briefly appearing" Android Title Bar?

Thanks Again.

Hello,

I'm not sure if this helps: but in contrast to Java where each screen is
a separate "activity" a Delphi FMX app only consists of a single
"activity" (Java term) and all the different TForms you might be using
in it are managed by FMX and not Java/Android.

That might maybe play a role in this.

Greetings

Markus

Markus Humm

Re: FullScreen lost in Android when I have a Splash screen [Edit]  
  Posted: May 2, 2016 12:51 PM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
Am 01.05.2016 um 23:49 schrieb Free Dorfman:
Eli M wrote:

Free Dorfman wrote:

Thanks Again.

Additional to my other post: you might create a bug report over at
quality.embarcadero.com and see what answer you get from the EMBT folks.

It might shine some liht on the title bar issue. And maybe it's even a
bug in FMX, who knows?

Greetings

Markus
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02