Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: CodeSite Questions.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Apr 26, 2016 11:40 AM Last Post By: Free Dorfman Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Free Dorfman

CodeSite Questions.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 25, 2016 10:52 AM
[I'm not exactly sure where I should've posted this.]

I'm thinking about getting CodeSite, but I'm not sure:

* $400 seems like a lot for a product where 80% of it I'll probably never use. I wish they had a "Lite" version.

* There's no "satisfaction guaranty", no way to try it out (beyond the Express version - of which I've already built a superset of - over the years).

Which leads me to some questions:

(1) Can I change the COLOR of lines sent to the viewer? This seems simple & obvious. It also appears to be lacking.

(2) With my "BugWindow", I have COUNTS which I can increment or decrement (in constructor/destructor for example) by string.
BugCountInc('B');
BugCountInc('C');
BugCountInc('A');
BugCountInc('B');

at which point my BugWindow's COUNTS: displays A:1 B:2 C:1.

This COUNTS display is a fixed label on the form, not a bunch of lines scrolling through the LINES portion of BugWindow.

Does CodeSite offer anything like this?

(3) How well does the "helper" for EnterMethod/ExitMethod deal with compiler directives?

(4) All of CodeSite seems to work only with PUBLISHED properties. Most of my classes don't publish anything. Can CodeSite do its thing on PUBLIC properties?

#######################

Follow up:

After doing some research and watching a YouTube video, I see that (1) and (2) above are handled.

That's good.

I'm still unsure about (3) and (4).

####

I'll also add that if either (3) or (4) is in there, I'd say it's worth considerably more than I was thinking when I originally posted this.

###########

Can anyone tell me:

*How well does the "helper" for EnterMethod / ExitMethod deal with compiler directives?

*Does the "inspector" do its thing on PUBLIC properties?

Thanks.
Peter Below

Re: CodeSite Questions. [Edit]  
  Posted: Apr 26, 2016 10:25 AM   in response to: Free Dorfman in response to: Free Dorfman
Free Dorfman wrote:

[I'm not exactly sure where I should've posted this.]

The Delphi.thirdpartytools.General group would probably be best.
https://forums.embarcadero.com/forum.jspa?forumID=92 if you use the web
interface.

--
Peter Below
TeamB

Free Dorfman

Re: CodeSite Questions. [Edit]  
  Posted: Apr 26, 2016 11:40 AM   in response to: Peter Below in response to: Peter Below
Peter,

I thought about that. Based on EMBT's recent acquisition of CodeSite, I wasn't sure.

Thanks.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02