Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: SQLite and DBExpress

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Feb 15, 2016 9:48 AM Last Post By: Mats karlsson
Mats karlsson

SQLite and DBExpress  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 11, 2016 1:11 PM
Hello,
I'm trying to use DBExpress with a SQLite database.

If I create a database with a table that has some data, the dbexpress components does some interpretation on field types. I can get a running application this way.

However, if the table is truncated, and the application is restarted, the dbexpress components throws errors, indicating mismatches for every field. Then the application crashes.

The ONLY way to get past this is to fill the table with some data (using another program).

How does one deal with this issue???

Edited by: totte karlsson on Feb 11, 2016 5:56 PM
Mats karlsson

Re: SQLite and DBExpress  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 15, 2016 9:48 AM   in response to: Mats karlsson in response to: Mats karlsson
Hello,

I decided to try Devarts SQLite driver. Doing so removed all errors and issues.

Seem that Codegears SQLite driver is simply not working properly for XE3.

-tk

totte karlsson wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to use DBExpress with a SQLite database.

If I create a database with a table that has some data, the dbexpress components does some interpretation on field types. I can get a running application this way.

However, if the table is truncated, and the application is restarted, the dbexpress components throws errors, indicating mismatches for every field. Then the application crashes.

The ONLY way to get past this is to fill the table with some data (using another program).

How does one deal with this issue???

Edited by: totte karlsson on Feb 11, 2016 5:56 PM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02