Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: IW license problem.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Feb 15, 2016 4:10 AM Last Post By: Chad Hower
Charles Mattingly

IW license problem.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 9, 2016 10:03 PM
I created a simple demo , made the adjustments to the project file and compiled the project. The project compiled as an .exe instead of .dll. I edited the the build configuration to create a .dll and uploaded the files in the debug folder to the server. When I fry ro browse the .dll I get the server 500 screen with a message from Intra Web that my license does not allow .dll files. Thinking there was something wrong with my license, I reinstalled RAD Studio without Intra Web, ran the Bundled User Cleaner app and retried a new simple app but got the same results. Has anyone had similar a problem? I am using RAD Studio XE2 Intra Web XII.
Alexandre Machado

Re: IW license problem.  
  Posted: Feb 9, 2016 10:50 PM   in response to: Charles Mattingly in response to: Charles Mattingly
Charles Mattingly wrote:
I created a simple demo , made the adjustments to the project file and compiled the project. The project compiled as an .exe instead of .dll. I edited the the build configuration to create a .dll and uploaded the files in the debug folder to the server. When I fry ro browse the .dll I get the server 500 screen with a message from Intra Web that my license does not allow .dll files. Thinking there was something wrong with my license, I reinstalled RAD Studio without Intra Web, ran the Bundled User Cleaner app and retried a new simple app but got the same results. Has anyone had similar a problem? I am using RAD Studio XE2 Intra Web XII.

First, what type of license do you have?

Also, the ISAPI DLL is different in many aspects compared to the stand alone application. The better thing to do is to create a ISAPI DLL using the IntraWeb application wizard and see the code used there. This should be like:

library SimpleISAPI;

uses
  IWRtlFix,
  IWJclStackTrace,
  IWJclDebug,
  SysUtils,
  Classes,
  IWInit,
  Unit1 in 'Unit1.pas' {IWForm1: TIWAppForm},
  ServerController in 'ServerController.pas' {IWServerController: TIWServerControllerBase},
  UserSessionUnit in 'UserSessionUnit.pas' {IWUserSession: TIWUserSessionBase},
  IW.Export;

{$R *.res}

begin

end.

Charles Mattingly

Re: IW license problem.  
  Posted: Feb 10, 2016 2:21 AM   in response to: Charles Mattingly in response to: Charles Mattingly
Charles Mattingly wrote:

Thank you for your response. I am using a license beginning with "+001" which I obtained by using the IW Key Request which evaluated my RAD Studio installation and gave me a an IDE hashcode which I used at the purchase point to obtain my license. According to the agreement I have a one user license with all the privileges to create apps using Intra Web..

After your response, I used the wizard to create a simple ISAPI app where you click a button and the label caption changes. Can't get much simpler.
I compiled the app and I uploaded the app to the server and got the same Intra Web "ISAPI is not allowed in your license " message.

The project file as follows
:
library tryit;

uses
ISAPIApp,
IWInitISAPI,
UTF8ContentParser,
ServerController in 'ServerController.pas' {IWServerController: TIWServerControllerBase},
DatamoduleUnit in 'DatamoduleUnit.pas' {DataModule1: TDataModule};

{$R *.RES}

exports
GetExtensionVersion,
HttpExtensionProc,
TerminateExtension;

begin
IWRun;
end.

Any further suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Edited by: Charles Mattingly on Feb 10, 2016 2:50 AM

Chad Hower

Re: IW license problem. [Edit]  
  Posted: Feb 15, 2016 4:10 AM   in response to: Charles Mattingly in response to: Charles Mattingly
If you are using a bundled license which from your message it appears
that you are, ISAPI is not included:

http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/FeatureMatrixXIV.EN.aspx

On 2/10/2016 6:53 AM, Charles Mattingly wrote:
Charles Mattingly wrote:
I created a simple demo , made the adjustments to the project file and compiled the project. The project compiled as an .exe instead of .dll. I edited the the build configuration to create a .dll and uploaded the files in the debug folder to the server. When I fry ro browse the .dll I get the server 500 screen with a message from Intra Web that my license does not allow .dll files. Thinking there was something wrong with my license, I reinstalled RAD Studio without Intra Web, ran the Bundled User Cle
aner app and retried a new simple app but got the same results. Has anyone had similar a problem? I am using RAD Studio XE2 Intra Web XII.

Thank you for your response. I am using a license beginning with "+001" which I obtained by using the IW Key Request which evaluated my RAD Studio installation and gave me a an IDE hashcode which I used at the purchase point to obtain my license. According to the agreement I have a one user license with all the privileges to create apps using Intra Web..

After your response, I used the wizard to create a simple ISAPI app where you click a button and the label caption changes. Can't get much simpler.
I compiled the app and I uploaded the app to the server and got the same Intra Web "ISAPI is not allowed in your license " message.

The project file as follows
:
library tryit;

uses
ISAPIApp,
IWInitISAPI,
UTF8ContentParser,
DatamoduleUnit in 'DatamoduleUnit.pas' {DataModule1: TDataModule};

{$R *.RES}

exports
GetExtensionVersion,
HttpExtensionProc,
TerminateExtension;

begin
IWRun;
end.

Any further suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Edited by: Charles Mattingly on Feb 10, 2016 2:50 AM

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02