Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Deployment to OS X

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Feb 3, 2016 7:14 AM Last Post By: Douglas Rudd
Davide Rubbiani

Deployment to OS X  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 3, 2016 6:46 AM
Hello,
I developed a Win/OS X application.
I would like to deploy the OS X version out of the App store so I choosed "Normal" under the Configuration option in Delphi 10.
With my application I need to deploy 5 files (.fds) filled up with fixed tabular data.
I would like to know if is there a way to deploy that files in the package app ?
If it is possible how can I refer to the in my application and what I should write in the "Remote folder" column of the app deploy confuguration?

If it is not possible what should I do to embed the .fds files so they should be available by the app when installe on a Mac ?

Thank you,
Davide

Douglas Rudd

Re: Deployment to OS X
Helpful
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 3, 2016 7:14 AM   in response to: Davide Rubbiani in response to: Davide Rubbiani
I think you need to use the "Application Store" configuration in order to get the app signed with Developer certificate. If you made "Normal" you would have to sign it manually afterword.

On the Deployment Manager page, if you have a file you want to transfer along with the app, set "Remote Path" to "Contents\Resources\StartUp\" it will automatically transfer that file to "/Users/username/Documents" on the Mac when the app first starts.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02