Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Controls.res file not found in XE8 compile question

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jan 8, 2016 4:23 AM Last Post By: Elaine Jay
Richard Jean

Controls.res file not found in XE8 compile question  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 20, 2015 7:42 AM
I'm trying to integrate my TXLSFile package into Delphi XE8. I successfully compiled the package. I added a library path to the package DCU,DCP,BPL, and package.res files. I installed the component. The visual components of TXLSFile appear in the component pallet and can be moved to a Delphi VCL form. I created a small test application that uses TXLSfile variables and methods, and tried to compile the application. XE8 reports no source code errors; however, reports 1 error "E1026 File not found : Controls.Res". What does this message mean? Is there a way to overcome this error? Thank You. Richard
Peter Below

Re: Controls.res file not found in XE8 compile question  
  Posted: Apr 21, 2015 10:01 AM   in response to: Richard Jean in response to: Richard Jean
Richard Jean wrote:

I'm trying to integrate my TXLSFile package into Delphi XE8. I
successfully compiled the package. I added a library path to the
package DCU,DCP,BPL, and package.res files. I installed the
component. The visual components of TXLSFile appear in the component
pallet and can be moved to a Delphi VCL form. I created a small test
application that uses TXLSfile variables and methods, and tried to
compile the application. XE8 reports no source code errors; however,
reports 1 error "E1026 File not found : Controls .Res". What does
this message mean? Is there a way to overcome this error? Thank You.

This sounds wrong, it should not look for controls.res, which has to
come from the VCL source.
Are you sure you have set up the TXLSFile package project correctly,
using the correct package names in the requires list and no path
elements in the project search path that may refer to older Delphi
versions?

--
Peter Below (TeamB)

Elaine Jay

Re: Controls.res file not found in XE8 compile question  
  Posted: Jan 8, 2016 4:11 AM   in response to: Richard Jean in response to: Richard Jean
Richard Jean wrote:
I'm trying to integrate my TXLSFile package into Delphi XE8. I successfully compiled the package. I added a library path to the package DCU,DCP,BPL, and package.res files. I installed the component. The visual components of TXLSFile appear in the component pallet and can be moved to a Delphi VCL form. I created a small test application that uses TXLSfile variables and methods, and tried to compile the application. XE8 reports no source code errors; however, reports 1 error "E1026 File not found : Controls.Res". What does this message mean? Is there a way to overcome this error? Thank You. Richard

Edited by: Elaine Jay on Jan 8, 2016 4:11 AM
I got this problem when I added a class to the Win 32 Library but typed it in and did not browse to it (I probably corrupted the library). To make things worse, I deleted the other resulting greyed out paths. Then I got the offending error message. be The library paths I deleted seem not to be possible to re-enter manually.
The solution I used was to re-install Delphi and to navigate to the the Class File using the Half-open folder icon to the right.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02