Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Performance problems with RAD Studio 10 Update 1 anyone?

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Dec 1, 2015 10:58 AM Last Post By: Andreas Muchow
Andreas Muchow

Performance problems with RAD Studio 10 Update 1 anyone?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 1, 2015 10:07 AM
Hi all,

I recently upgraded to RAD 10 Update 1 because of all the bugs fixed and now I have the strong feeling that there's some performance problem in the IDE. Currently I'm converting old projects to RAD 10 by creating new project files from scratch, new project groups and such and spend hours with only clicking through the dialogs of the IDE. After "some time" all the dialogs and menus become slow, to a point where it takes more than a second until they are shown and the CPU load is increasing for any dialog or menu which needs to get rendered. There's a strong difference to a clean restart of the IDE after which all things appear instantly and it is not related to open projects or such, because my groups tend to have maybe 2 or 3 projects in it and even after closing all open groups the problem is not gone, it persists until the IDE gets restarted. And this happens always currently, it's only a matter of time. Before upgrading to Update 1 I did the same with some of our 3rd party libs and don't remember any such problems.

One interesting part is that it's not only the IDE itself which is slow after some point, but things like Windows Explorer and TextPad render much slower as well, if the IDE became slow already. You can watch their windows and menus repainting, just like the IDE itself, until the IDE is closed, because afterwards everything is fast again. I can reproduce that just by doing simple project managing things, but didn't have a deeper look yet. My hardware shouldn't be the problem, I have 2,8 GHz quad core, 32 GB of RAM and this problem didn't occur before and doesn't after restarting the IDE for "some time".

Is anyone else suffering of something like this as well? Any ideas what I should look at?

Thanks!
david hoke

Re: Performance problems with RAD Studio 10 Update 1 anyone?
Correct
  Posted: Dec 1, 2015 10:23 AM   in response to: Andreas Muchow in response to: Andreas Muchow
Andreas Muchow wrote:

Is anyone else suffering of something like this as well? Any ideas
what I should look at?

Thanks!

Might take a look at items in this thread ('delphi' ide)...
https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=716672&tstart=0#716672
Andreas Muchow

Re: Performance problems with RAD Studio 10 Update 1 anyone?  
  Posted: Dec 1, 2015 10:58 AM   in response to: david hoke in response to: david hoke
david hoke wrote:
Might take a look at items in this thread ('delphi' ide)...
https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=716672&tstart=0#716672

Thanks, should have used the search... :-/
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02