Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Compiling fails: arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe Not enough space fatal error

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Nov 25, 2015 4:51 AM Last Post By: François Maviel
László Mlnvszky

Compiling fails: arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe Not enough space fatal error  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 26, 2014 11:57 PM
Using Delphi XE7, trying to use my App, I got the error when compiling to Android/Debug:

[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: fatal error: .
Android
Debug
libMyproject2.so: mmap: failed to allocate 223392168 bytes for output file: Not enough space

Not enough space seems to be a false error as I have 40 GB of space on my hard drive, and also 16 GB on the device.
I've tried multiple android devices ... same error.

However, if I run it in Release mode - it works fine.

I'm using Delphi XE7 UPDATE1, the error seems to be occuring since Update1.

The most strange part: I got fed up, go home, try the next day: and it works fine in debug. Next day: same error. (But i guess that's just Murphy)

Anyone have any clue?
yu sam

Re: Compiling fails: arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe Not enough space fatal error  
  Posted: Dec 17, 2014 1:12 AM   in response to: László Mlnvszky in response to: László Mlnvszky
I have encountered the same problem, do you solve?
Matriz Sistemas

Posted: Jan 30, 2015 3:41 AM   in response to: László Mlnvszky in response to: László Mlnvszky
László Mlnvszky wrote:
Using Delphi XE7, trying to use my App, I got the error when compiling to Android/Debug:

[DCC Error] E2597 C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.6\prebuilt\windows\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe: fatal error: .
Android
Debug
libMyproject2.so: mmap: failed to allocate 223392168 bytes for output file: Not enough space

Not enough space seems to be a false error as I have 40 GB of space on my hard drive, and also 16 GB on the device.

The most strange part: I got fed up, go home, try the next day: and it works fine in debug. Next day: same error. (But i guess that's just Murphy)

Anyone have any clue?

I have same problem.... if compiling windows emulator this Ok, only Android return this fatal error.
Marcos Schmitz

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 9:26 AM   in response to: László Mlnvszky in response to: László Mlnvszky
Hello, I have the same problem with Delphi Seatle (DX).

Anyone have a solution?

László Mlnvszky wrote:

Android
Debug

Anyone have any clue?
Markus Humm

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 12:56 PM   in response to: Marcos Schmitz in response to: Marcos Schmitz
Am 05.10.2015 um 18:26 schrieb Marcos Schmitz:

Anyone have a solution?

László Mlnvszky wrote:

Android
Debug

Anyone have any clue?

Hello,

what happens if you do a clean on your project (context menu in project
manager) and what happens if you disable debug info generation in debug
mode?

Does it change anything?

If you are on SA and the items above don't show any change in behavior
you might want to use one of your 3 yearly< tickets to get direct
support from EMBT.

Was the project created in some earlier Delphi version originally?

Greetings

Markus
Dark Pirate

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 1:11 PM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
Markus Humm wrote:
Am 05.10.2015 um 18:26 schrieb Marcos Schmitz:

Anyone have a solution?

László Mlnvszky wrote:

Android
Debug

Anyone have any clue?

Hello,

what happens if you do a clean on your project (context menu in project
manager) and what happens if you disable debug info generation in debug
mode?

Does it change anything?

If you are on SA and the items above don't show any change in behavior
you might want to use one of your 3 yearly< tickets to get direct
support from EMBT.

Was the project created in some earlier Delphi version originally?

Greetings

Markus

This is an architecture issue. See more details on https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?83774-4-9-Building-Android-Client-Allocation-Issue

To solve this problem, just download android-ndk-r10e and configure on your Delphi sdk configuration
François Maviel

Posted: Nov 25, 2015 4:50 AM   in response to: Marcos Schmitz in response to: Marcos Schmitz
Marcos Schmitz wrote:

Anyone have a solution?

László Mlnvszky wrote:

Android
Debug

Anyone have any clue?

Memory errors during Building or Compiling can be overcome by "enabling the out-of-process compilation"
as can be found in : http://support.embarcadero.com/article/44279 section 2. Out-of-Process Build
(explanations are provided)
It worked for me with Delphi XE7 UPDATE1.

If still in trouble, see if this link can help : http://wiert.me/2015/03/05/brutal-way-to-prevent-memory-errors-in-delphi-xe7-rename-dlls-loose-part-of-the-functionality-but-less-memory-issues-via-g/
I did not try this last one !

Edited by: François Maviel on Nov 25, 2015 4:51 AM

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02