Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Localizated application in Win32 and Win64 problem

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 0 Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Ricardo Mu?oz

Localizated application in Win32 and Win64 problem  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 16, 2015 2:30 PM
I have an Win32 application developed and localized vía IDE in Delphi XE7. Now I added a Win64 platform to this application. With 64-bits Windows platform selected in the application, I update the Localized Project (using the menu IDE Project->Languages->Update Localized Project). These create a new win64\release\MyApp_DRC.rc file and folders in the resource dll Project, but din't create others for others translated fiels of the Project.

Now I have this questions:
- It's necessary to have two differents MyApp_DRC.rc file? Could I use the same file for generate Win32 and Win64 resource dll, id est, replace the unlocalized MyApp_DRC.rc file for Win64 wiht the localized file of the Win32?
- Are there differences between an resource dll for Win32 and for Win64? Id este, Could I use the MyApplication.XXX resource dll for Win32 in Win64 environment?

- Assuming Win32 and Win64 resource dll are differents. How I can make the Win32 platform of the resource dll? I ask this because, regardless of the selected platform of the application Project, the only versión that is generated with Make or Build menu is the Win64 versión. (If I create first the Win 64 localization and then update the localized Project with 32-bit Window selected in the target Project, then only Win32 resource dll is created when Make or Build menú is used).

TIA,
Ricardo
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02