Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: External exception 434c4e47432b2b00 on tSQLConnection - XE10

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Nov 23, 2015 11:39 AM Last Post By: Markus Humm
Bill Guenthner

External exception 434c4e47432b2b00 on tSQLConnection - XE10  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 21, 2015 12:05 PM
iOS9 - XE10 - 64bit - tSQLConnection errors

Here's the relevant code. I get an external exception 434c4e47432b2b00 on the last line every time running iOS 9.0.2. I do not have the problem with a 32bit build if I push it from the ide in debug mode. Unfortunately the 32 bit release build won't install on iOS 9.0.2. Both builds work on iOS 8.4.

LocalDB: TSQLConnection;

gFileNameLocal := System.IOUtils.TPath.Combine (System.IOUtils.TPath.GetDocumentsPath, DATABASE_LOCAL);
LocalDB.Params.Values['ColumnMetadataSupported'] := 'False';
LocalDB.Params.Values['Database'] := gFileNameLocal;
LocalDB.Params.Values['FailIfMissing'] := 'False';
LocalDB.Connected := True;
Bill Guenthner

Re: External exception 434c4e47432b2b00 on tSQLConnection - XE10  
  Posted: Oct 22, 2015 9:47 AM   in response to: Bill Guenthner in response to: Bill Guenthner
I got the 32bit app installing OTA and working. The install problem was caused by changes in the way the info.plist has to be formated for iOS 9. The 64 bit version continues to throw exceptions whenever a tsqlconnection tries to connect to the sqlite database. I am hoping that a fix or workaround is coming soon from Embarcadero.
Markus Humm

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 10:36 AM   in response to: Bill Guenthner in response to: Bill Guenthner
Am 22.10.2015 um 18:47 schrieb Bill Guenthner:
I got the 32bit app installing OTA and working. The install problem was caused by changes in the way the info.plist has to be formated for iOS 9. The 64 bit version continues to throw exceptions whenever a tsqlconnection tries to connect to the sqlite database. I am hoping that a fix or workaround is coming soon from Embarcadero.

Hello,

a fix will only come if you report the issue here:

quality.embarcadero.com

Just use your EDN user name and password to log in.

Greetings

Markus
Bill Guenthner

Posted: Nov 6, 2015 7:36 AM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
Markus Humm wrote:

Hello,

quality.embarcadero.com

Greetings

Markus

I reported it but of course no communication results. It amazes me that absolute show stopping bugs go unaddressed. If I can't open a SQL database then all of the other features of RAD Studio amount to nothing. There's always some major defect in every release and instead of fixing it Embarcadero just pushes out yet another version. They need to stop adding bells and whistles and start fixing bugs. Seriously - we've gone from XE5 to XE10 in what, a year and a half? It's ridiculous. Slow down and make products that work and the sales will follow. I bought a Xamarin subscription. Seriously considering not renewing with Embarcadero.
Hsu Wei-ming

Posted: Nov 16, 2015 6:47 PM   in response to: Bill Guenthner in response to: Bill Guenthner
I was the same situation occurs, use xe4 ~ Xe5 update to xe10, I will not buy this product go up in smoke
Not at all incompatible.
delphi dead ..

Bill Guenthner wrote:
Markus Humm wrote:

Hello,

quality.embarcadero.com

Greetings

Markus

I reported it but of course no communication results. It amazes me that absolute show stopping bugs go unaddressed. If I can't open a SQL database then all of the other features of RAD Studio amount to nothing. There's always some major defect in every release and instead of fixing it Embarcadero just pushes out yet another version. They need to stop adding bells and whistles and start fixing bugs. Seriously - we've gone from XE5 to XE10 in what, a year and a half? It's ridiculous. Slow down and make products that work and the sales will follow. I bought a Xamarin subscription. Seriously considering not renewing with Embarcadero.

Edited by: Hsu Wei-ming on Nov 16, 2015 6:50 PM
Markus Humm

Re: External exception 434c4e47432b2b00 on tSQLConnection - XE10 [Edit]  
  Posted: Nov 23, 2015 11:39 AM   in response to: Hsu Wei-ming in response to: Hsu Wei-ming
Am 17.11.2015 um 03:52 schrieb Hsu Wei-ming:
I was the same situation occurs, use xe4 ~ Xe5 update to xe10, I will not buy this product go up in smoke
Not at all incompatible.
delphi dead ..

Bill Guenthner wrote:
Markus Humm wrote:

Hello,

quality.embarcadero.com

Greetings

Markus

I reported it but of course no communication results. It amazes me that absolute show stopping bugs go unaddressed. If I can't open a SQL database then all of the other features of RAD Studio amount to nothing. There's always some major defect in every release and instead of fixing it Embarcadero just pushes out yet another version. They need to stop adding bells and whistles and start fixing bugs. Seriously - we've gone from XE5 to XE10 in what, a year and a half? It's ridiculous. Slow down and make pr
oducts that work and the sales will follow. I bought a Xamarin subscription. Seriously considering not renewing with Embarcadero.

Edited by: Hsu Wei-ming on Nov 16, 2015 6:50 PM

Hello,

has it maybe been fixed in update 1 now?

Greetings

Markus
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02