Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Cannot use Bluetooth Keyboard on IPAD IOS 9.X

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Jan 7, 2016 9:22 PM Last Post By: Dave Nottage
William Brookfi...

Cannot use Bluetooth Keyboard on IPAD IOS 9.X  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 21, 2015 9:44 AM
IOS apps built in XE7 Version 21.0.17707.5020

When we connect an external bluetooth keyboard to our IPAD, none of the Edits controls will stay focused to accept input from external keyboard.
When we click into an edit the controls show the cursor but then the cursor disappears. Works properly with the virtual keyboard.

Was working prior to IOS 9.X

Any suggestions?

Edited by: William Brookfield on Oct 21, 2015 12:53 PM
William Brookfi...

Re: Cannot use Bluetooth Keyboard on IPAD IOS 9.X  
  Posted: Oct 22, 2015 7:03 AM   in response to: William Brookfi... in response to: William Brookfi...
William Brookfield wrote:
IOS apps built in XE7 Version 21.0.17707.5020

When we connect an external bluetooth keyboard to our IPAD, none of the Edits controls will stay focused to accept input from external keyboard.
When we click into an edit the controls show the cursor but then the cursor disappears. Works properly with the virtual keyboard.

Any suggestions?

Edited by: William Brookfield on Oct 21, 2015 12:53 PM

Does anyone else have this issue? Does this issue exist in Delphi Seattle?
Eli M

Posted: Oct 22, 2015 10:05 PM   in response to: William Brookfi... in response to: William Brookfi...
We have this issue in Delphi Seattle. IOS9. IOS8.4 SDK. IPad2. IPad Air.

Exact same issue.
William Brookfi...

Posted: Oct 23, 2015 6:04 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:

Exact same issue.

It appears to me that Edit Controls kill focus because the virtual keyboard is not showing. I am going to look at EMB's source code for edit controls to see if I can find anything. Will update this thread after my research.

Bill B
William Brookfi...

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 12:39 PM   in response to: William Brookfi... in response to: William Brookfi...
William Brookfield wrote:
Eli M wrote:

Exact same issue.

It appears to me that Edit Controls kill focus because the virtual keyboard is not showing. I am going to look at EMB's source code for edit controls to see if I can find anything. Will update this thread after my research.

Bill B

Found that in a simple form with a few edit controls, i can get it to work by first hitting the TAB key on our logitech bluetooth keyboard. but it was not consistent and did not work in other edit controls.
Dave Nottage

Posted: Jan 7, 2016 9:22 PM   in response to: William Brookfi... in response to: William Brookfi...

Any suggestions?

There was a change in iOS9 whereby the VK notifications are being sent regardless of whether or not an external keyboard is connected. Perhaps that has something to do with it?

I have a bluetooth keyboard at work, however no iOS9 devices (they're still on iOS8.4) aside from my personal iPhone. When I have some spare time I could have a dig around, unless someone else manages to sort it out.

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]
Delphi Worlds blog: http://delphi.radsoft.com.au/blog
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02