Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Why does the JIRA login at the Quality Portal fail?


This question is answered.


Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Oct 8, 2015 2:12 AM Last Post By: Jan Doggen Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Jan Doggen

Posts: 4
Registered: 1/16/00
Why does the JIRA login at the Quality Portal fail?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 6, 2015 5:23 AM
I again have issues logging in to the new Quality Portal at quality.embarcadero.com.

Not with my private account, not with my company account, not with my username, not with my email address.

The old QC main page says "To login to the new Quality Portal, use your existing Embarcadero Developer Network (EDN) account and password.", but that fails.
I can login to the EDN, the forums, and the old QC with that username/password, but I cannot login to JIRA.

Side issue:
The message 'Login failed, are you using the Login For your EDN Account.' is not very helpful. Any error message should tell the user what to do next, not ask questions (with weird capitalization, without question mark). Fix it to:
'Login failed, make sure you use the login for your EDN account.'

Edited by: Jan Doggen on Oct 6, 2015 2:24 PM
Remy Lebeau (Te...


Posts: 9,447
Registered: 12/23/01
Re: Why does the JIRA login at the Quality Portal fail? [Edit]  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 6, 2015 12:15 PM   in response to: Jan Doggen in response to: Jan Doggen
Jan wrote:

The old QC main page says "To login to the new Quality Portal, use
your existing Embarcadero Developer Network (EDN) account and
password.", but that fails.

Works fine for me. I can login to QualityPortal using my EDN credentials.

I can login to the EDN, the forums, and the old QC with that
username/password, but I cannot login to JIRA.

If you login to EDN first, then go to QualityPortal (or the QualityCentral
web interface, for that matter), it does not automatically pick up the existing
EDN login, you have to login again. But QualityPortal does use your EDN
credentials nontheless.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Jan Doggen

Posts: 4
Registered: 1/16/00
Re: Why does the JIRA login at the Quality Portal fail? [Edit]  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 6, 2015 12:52 PM   in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te... in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te...
I know that that is supposed to be how it works, but it does not.
From two different machines with 4-5 hours in between, not through Lastpass, not manually.
I have disabled Adblock plus.

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
Jan wrote:

The old QC main page says "To login to the new Quality Portal, use
your existing Embarcadero Developer Network (EDN) account and
password.", but that fails.

Works fine for me. I can login to QualityPortal using my EDN credentials.

I can login to the EDN, the forums, and the old QC with that
username/password, but I cannot login to JIRA.

If you login to EDN first, then go to QualityPortal (or the QualityCentral
web interface, for that matter), it does not automatically pick up the existing
EDN login, you have to login again. But QualityPortal does use your EDN
credentials nontheless.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Ilya S

Posts: 21
Registered: 1/8/10
Re: Why does the JIRA login at the Quality Portal fail?
Correct
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 7, 2015 12:28 PM   in response to: Jan Doggen in response to: Jan Doggen
Jan Doggen wrote:
I again have issues logging in to the new Quality Portal at quality.embarcadero.com.

Not with my private account, not with my company account, not with my username, not with my email address.

To log in to https://quality.embarcadero.com you should use ONLY your "Login name" from the "MY ACCOUNT" page https://members.embarcadero.com/
It is CaSe-sensitive!
Probably you have to set it if it is not set.
Use your password for that account.

Edited by: Ilya S on Oct 7, 2015 11:29 PM
Jan Doggen

Posts: 4
Registered: 1/16/00
Re: Why does the JIRA login at the Quality Portal fail?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 8, 2015 2:12 AM   in response to: Ilya S in response to: Ilya S
Thanks, that was it.

I had to use my literal user name (including a space) that I had set in 2000.

To log in to https://quality.embarcadero.com you should use ONLY your "Login name" from the "MY ACCOUNT" page https://members.embarcadero.com/
It is CaSe-sensitive!
Probably you have to set it if it is not set.
Use your password for that account.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02