Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: PAServer Hotfix 9/28/2015

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Oct 6, 2015 1:32 AM Last Post By: Brian Hamilton ... Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Jason Sweby

PAServer Hotfix 9/28/2015
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 1, 2015 4:22 AM
There is a PAServer hotfix for Delphi 10 Seattle on CodeCentral which purportedly addresses the issue of not being able to build an iOS7 or iOS8 app using the iOS9 SDK:

http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30398

as well as supporting OS X El Capitan.

This PAServer Hotfix provides fixes for:
• building OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) applications with Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio 10 Seattle
• building iOS applications that run on iOS 7, iOS 8 and iOS 9 using the iOS 9 SDK with Delphi, C++Builder and RAD Studio 10 Seattle

I haven't yet had the opportunity to try this to confirm it is working as stated. Has anyone else? Specifically using the iOS9 SDK to run apps on iOS7 and 8.
Vinicius Granada

Re: PAServer Hotfix 9/28/2015
  Posted: Oct 5, 2015 12:05 PM   in response to: Jason Sweby in response to: Jason Sweby
Hello Jason,

Do you know if this patch fixes the problem CGContextSaveGstate which is released on iOS 9 with Xcode 7.0.1 before the first Form OnCreate?

thank you.

Jason Sweby

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 1:04 AM   in response to: Vinicius Granada in response to: Vinicius Granada
Do you know if this patch fixes the problem CGContextSaveGstate which is released on iOS 9 with Xcode 7.0.1 before the first Form OnCreate?

Hi, I'm not aware of this issue so can't comment I'm afraid. I've installed the patched PAServer but, because I needed to get an app released quickly, I'm still using XCode 6.4, which is working fine.
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Oct 5, 2015 1:53 PM   in response to: Jason Sweby in response to: Jason Sweby

I haven't yet had the opportunity to try this to confirm it is working as stated. Has anyone else? Specifically using the iOS9 SDK to run apps on iOS7 and 8.
For me, I cant get an app compiled with Seattle against iOS9 (32 bit) and iOS8.4(64 bit) and xcode 7.1, to run on (connected via xcode) iphone 4 with iOS7.1
Jason Sweby

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 1:06 AM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Brian Hamilton Hamilton wrote:
For me, I cant get an app compiled with Seattle against iOS9 (32 bit) and iOS8.4(64 bit) and xcode 7.1, to run on (connected via xcode) iphone 4 with iOS7.1

Are you using the patched PAServer, or the original one shipped with Seattle?

I've rolled back to XCode 6.4 on my Mac (iOS 8.4), and I have just submitted an app for review using Seattle. This app worked OK in ad-hoc mode on an iPhone 4 iOS7 and an iPhone 5 iOS9.
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Oct 6, 2015 1:32 AM   in response to: Jason Sweby in response to: Jason Sweby
Are you using the patched PAServer, or the original one shipped with Seattle?
using the patched one ...and the updated .dylib file.....
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02