Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: F2600 Too many Sections in ELF Object in Delphi 10 Seattle

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Oct 2, 2015 2:35 PM Last Post By: Lance Rasmussen
Lance Rasmussen

F2600 Too many Sections in ELF Object in Delphi 10 Seattle  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 30, 2015 3:37 PM
Before I create a case, I'm curious if I'm missing something.

In the IDE, I'm importing the MSHTML library into a new package. It creates the 32 bit platform, takes a long time to build (which is normal because the TLB is huge), then compiles the BPL without issue.

I added the 64 bit platform. Tried to compile in the IDE and I get the "mshtml_D23.dpk(41) Fatal: F2600 Too many sections in ELF object MSHTML_TLB when writing C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\17.0\dcp\Win64\mshtml_D23.a" error after a while.

For grins and giggles, I started FinalBuilder 8, added a Delphi Action to compile the DPK under 32 bit. Ran the action, which was fairly speedy and compiled successfully.

I cloned the action, changed the BPL/DCP location to the 64 bit locations and ran the action. Slow and then came back with same error.

Suggestions? I want to be able to compile some applications that use this in 32 or 64 bit mode for VCL.
Lance Rasmussen

Re: F2600 Too many Sections in ELF Object in Delphi 10 Seattle  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 2, 2015 2:35 PM   in response to: Lance Rasmussen in response to: Lance Rasmussen
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02