Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: DataSnap server - GET requests never respond with long URL length

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Dec 2, 2015 11:11 PM Last Post By: Mathias Pannier
Jonathan Wareham

DataSnap server - GET requests never respond with long URL length  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 21, 2015 9:10 AM
We have a mobile app which talks to a DataSnap server (built in Delphi XE6) via REST calls. The DataSnap server is installed on-premise at each of our customer sites. Everything works fine and we have many sites using the app. However we have just installed at a new customer and we have an issue where some of the REST calls never respond and eventually timeout. It seems to be the calls which are particularly long URLs. On further investigation, it appears we can use URLs upto 969 characters. As soon as we hit 970 the request never responds. We have never seen this issue at any other customer site. The customer's server is Windows 2012R2. The DataSnap server is built as a Windows service (standalone EXE). IIS is not installed on the server.

I've checked the firewall for any HTTP request filtering but can't find anything. Is it possible their ISP is applying restrictions to limit the URL length allowed for HTTP requests? Anything else I should be checking?
Mathias Pannier

Re: DataSnap server - GET requests never respond with long URL length  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 2, 2015 11:11 PM   in response to: Jonathan Wareham in response to: Jonathan Wareham
I've had a similar problem with a DataSnap Server as ISAPI in IIS. In IIS You can set requestLimits (https://www.iis.net/configreference/system.webserver/security/requestfiltering/requestlimits) to a higher value to solve this issue.But I did not know if You can set such thing in an DataSnap exe.
Try to run Your DataSnapServer as a normal exe (not as a service)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02