Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Iphone app to play a live streaming video.How to do it?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Sep 19, 2015 10:02 PM Last Post By: Eli M
Eduardo Tavares

Iphone app to play a live streaming video.How to do it?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 25, 2015 6:48 PM
Hi!

I want to make an app that will play a live streaming video.I have a code for a player that plays whenever something is being broadcasted.
I put this code inside a html file , uploaded it to a server and then I loaded it into a twebbrowser.
It worked fine but I noticed that when I hit play iphone opens up a video player.
Then I thought that it might have a way to load this live streaming video straight into this video player instead of having to load a html page into a webbrowser. I just don't know how to do it.

Can anyone please help me?

thank you

I am using RAD Studio XE8

Edited by: Eduardo Tavares on Aug 25, 2015 6:49 PM
Eduardo Tavares

Re: Iphone app to play a live streaming video.How to do it?  
  Posted: Aug 29, 2015 9:02 AM   in response to: Eduardo Tavares in response to: Eduardo Tavares
Can't nobody help me?

Eduardo Tavares wrote:
Hi!

I want to make an app that will play a live streaming video.I have a code for a player that plays whenever something is being broadcasted.
I put this code inside a html file , uploaded it to a server and then I loaded it into a twebbrowser.
It worked fine but I noticed that when I hit play iphone opens up a video player.
Then I thought that it might have a way to load this live streaming video straight into this video player instead of having to load a html page into a webbrowser. I just don't know how to do it.

Can anyone please help me?

thank you

I am using RAD Studio XE8

Edited by: Eduardo Tavares on Aug 25, 2015 6:49 PM
sergey kirienko

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 2:53 PM   in response to: Eduardo Tavares in response to: Eduardo Tavares
as far as i tested and did research, you cant stream video nor sound files via your app

but there is another way, you always can "execute" the mp4 file using your default video player on your phone.. dont remember the commands, but im sure will find it.
Carlos Phelippe

Posted: Aug 30, 2015 3:39 PM   in response to: sergey kirienko in response to: sergey kirienko
sergey kirienko wrote:
as far as i tested and did research, you cant stream video nor sound files via your app

but there is another way, you always can "execute" the mp4 file using your default video player on your phone.. dont remember the commands, but im sure will find it.

Hello!

You can to try use this lib:

https://www.vitamio.org/en/

Eduardo Tavares

Posted: Sep 19, 2015 12:18 PM   in response to: Carlos Phelippe in response to: Carlos Phelippe
Carlos Phelippe wrote:
sergey kirienko wrote:

Hello!

You can to try use this lib:

https://www.vitamio.org/en/

thank you very much
Eduardo Tavares

Posted: Sep 19, 2015 12:17 PM   in response to: sergey kirienko in response to: sergey kirienko
sergey kirienko wrote:

thank you very much! I don't want to stream a video.The video is being broadcasted through a server and I want my app to show this video on a player.
Eli M

Helpful
  Posted: Sep 19, 2015 10:02 PM   in response to: Eduardo Tavares in response to: Eduardo Tavares
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02