Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Manually installing CodeSiteExpress in RAD Studio XE8 Enterprise

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jun 23, 2015 7:27 AM Last Post By: Borja Serrano Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Jan Dijkstra

Manually installing CodeSiteExpress in RAD Studio XE8 Enterprise
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 23, 2015 5:52 AM
Hello,

Since the XE8 installer failed to install any of the third party options despite having them all selected, I am now trying to install it manually. Browsing through the download cache, I've found a file called "codesite installer.7zip".

After a bit of searching, I've also located an application that is capable of reading 7zip archives.

But now I've hit a third road block. Apparently, the .7zip files are password protected. Does anyone know what the password is to unlock it? I really want to use this third party extension. I have been using it in RAD Studio XE3, and found it extremely useful.

Also, if anyone has a suggestion on how to force XE8's installer to actually install the selected third party options, that would be great too.
Borja Serrano

Re: Manually installing CodeSiteExpress in RAD Studio XE8 Enterprise
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 23, 2015 7:27 AM   in response to: Jan Dijkstra in response to: Jan Dijkstra
I would try to use "Modify, Repair, Uninstall" from the Embarcadero RAD Studio XE8 program group selecting "Modify". This is used to add features that you have not installed. Try to uncheck and recheck the third party products

Jan Dijkstra wrote:
Hello,

Since the XE8 installer failed to install any of the third party options despite having them all selected, I am now trying to install it manually. Browsing through the download cache, I've found a file called "codesite installer.7zip".

After a bit of searching, I've also located an application that is capable of reading 7zip archives.

But now I've hit a third road block. Apparently, the .7zip files are password protected. Does anyone know what the password is to unlock it? I really want to use this third party extension. I have been using it in RAD Studio XE3, and found it extremely useful.

Also, if anyone has a suggestion on how to force XE8's installer to actually install the selected third party options, that would be great too.

--
Borja Serrano
Embarcadero Technical Support Engineer
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02