Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE8 rad studio Enterprise - Is there a way to validate the installation?

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Jun 21, 2015 11:55 PM Last Post By: Jan Dijkstra Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Jan Dijkstra

XE8 rad studio Enterprise - Is there a way to validate the installation?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 19, 2015 2:31 AM
As subject state.

I've done the install. Right now I'm going through the various options, but it seems the installer missed some things.

For example. The installer has added "C:\Program Files (x86)\Raize\CS5\Lib\RS-XE8\Win32" to the include path, but forgot to actually install the raize component suite.

Also, in the SDK Manager, it forgot to install the following:

F:\radxe8\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\21.1.2\ZipAlign.exe
F:\radxe8\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\Adb.exe
F:\radxe8\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\21.1.2\Aapt.exe
F:\radxe8\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-21

Which is quite nasty, because it now refuses to save any and all changes to all options
david hoke

Re: XE8 rad studio Enterprise - Is there a way to validate the installation?
  Posted: Jun 19, 2015 5:02 AM   in response to: Jan Dijkstra in response to: Jan Dijkstra
Perhaps...

<Jan Dijkstra> wrote in message news:726778 at forums dot embarcadero dot com...
As subject state.

I've done the install. Right now I'm going through the various options,
but it seems the installer missed some things.

For example. The installer has added "C:\Program Files
(x86)\Raize\CS5\Lib\RS-XE8\Win32" to the include path, but forgot to
actually install the raize component suite.

Also, in the SDK Manager, it forgot to install the following:

F:\radxe8\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\21.1.2\ZipAlign.exe
F:\radxe8\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools\Adb.exe
F:\radxe8\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\21.1.2\Aapt.exe
F:\radxe8\PlatformSDKs\android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-21

Which is quite nasty, because it now refuses to save any and all changes
to all options

File a (still?) free installation support case - sounds like you have
installation issues.
Borja Serrano

Posted: Jun 19, 2015 6:20 AM   in response to: Jan Dijkstra in response to: Jan Dijkstra
The second error that you are receiving is a known issue:

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/Installation_Notes_for_XE8#Separate_Install_Required_for_Several_Elements_of_the_Android_SDK

Google doesn't allow to install the complete SDK from the RAD Studi installer anymore. Just build a new Android multidevice application and all the required files will be installed.
Jan Dijkstra

Posted: Jun 21, 2015 11:55 PM   in response to: Borja Serrano in response to: Borja Serrano
Borja Serrano wrote:
The second error that you are receiving is a known issue:

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE8/en/Installation_Notes_for_XE8#Separate_Install_Required_for_Several_Elements_of_the_Android_SDK

Google doesn't allow to install the complete SDK from the RAD Studi installer anymore. Just build a new Android multidevice application and all the required files will be installed.

Thanks for clearing that up. However, the work around suggestion does not work for me. In order to compile and build anything, I need to make adjustments in the various options in the options dialog. The same options dialog that refuses to save anything, as long as the aforementioned tools aren't first fixed. Catch 22, plain and simple. Whoever thought it was a good idea to annoy users like this when implementing dialog boxes, should take a timeout, and rethink what (s)he's doing. A warning, that I'm ok with, but simply not saving any changes, even though these 4 lines weren't ok to begin with (an me not changing them in any way), is not.

As for a solution.

I tried running the installer again. It defaulted to the upgrade option, which I let it do. Selected everything to be installed/updated. It went on for about an hour, but now the fastreports are also gone, while previously only the raize suite was missing. So, clearly, the installer program is doing something wrong, and I still have no idea how to (re)install the missing components.

The android SDK problems, however, have been tackled. I found a folder in my installation named "Android SDK's". In it was somthing called Android Tools. I let it do it's thing. It downloaded a whole bunch of stuff, but after that, the options in the IDE's options dialog no longer complained about paths not found.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02