Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: tlabel alighnment for Android?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jun 19, 2015 12:38 AM Last Post By: Vladimir Krapot...
Mike Shkolnik

tlabel alighnment for Android?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 18, 2015 3:49 PM
I've been doing this for years - create a tedit, create a tlabel in front of it, left-anchor the tlabel, left and right anchor the tedit. As the form is resized the tedit stretches and the tlabel stays put. Works great in Windows like it always has. Not so much in Android. It overlaps the tlabel on the tedit or it cuts off the text if I put the tlabel on a tpanel and set the tpanel to clip children. I can force it to work by allowing way too much space between the tlabel and the tedit, but then I need two codebases because it looks bad in Windows. I know I can do this programmatically by changing the .position.x setting on the tedit, but the goal is to have it look at runtime like it does at designtime, which it currently does for Windows, but not Android. How do I make the tlabel format as-designed in Android? I am using XE 7 update 1.

Edited by: Mike Shkolnik on Jun 18, 2015 4:57 PM
Vladimir Krapot...

Re: tlabel alighnment for Android?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 19, 2015 12:38 AM   in response to: Mike Shkolnik in response to: Mike Shkolnik
Now we move to CSS-like layouts, so I think we can use CSS methods to do this
Edit.Align = Client, Edit.Margin.Left = 100
Label.Align = Left or None
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02