Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE8 IDE clipboard stops working

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 1. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Jun 18, 2015 8:01 PM Last Post By: Tom Cattrall
Tom Cattrall

XE8 IDE clipboard stops working  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 18, 2015 11:03 AM
Just started using XE8. After using it for awhile the clipboard in THE IDE editor stops working.. More accurately, copy works but not paste.

The clipboard continues to work fine in other apps such as NotePad. And a copy in XE8 can be pasted into Notepad. But a paste into the IDE editor does nothing.

I have to reboot Windows (7 64 bit) to get it working again. Just stopping and starting XE8 doesn't fix it.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks
Borja Serrano

Re: XE8 IDE clipboard stops working
Helpful
  Posted: Jun 18, 2015 11:55 AM   in response to: Tom Cattrall in response to: Tom Cattrall
Have you tried to disable the antivirus?
Tom Cattrall

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 8:01 PM   in response to: Borja Serrano in response to: Borja Serrano
Borja Serrano wrote:
Have you tried to disable the antivirus?

That is a good lead. My anti-virus (Webroot) had bds.exe as "monitor" rather than "allow". I changed it and will see if that fixes the problem.
Linden ROTH

Posted: Jun 18, 2015 2:59 PM   in response to: Tom Cattrall in response to: Tom Cattrall
Tom Cattrall wrote:
Just started using XE8. After using it for awhile the clipboard in THE IDE editor stops working.. More accurately, copy works but not paste.

The clipboard continues to work fine in other apps such as NotePad. And a copy in XE8 can be pasted into Notepad. But a paste into the IDE editor does nothing.

I have to reboot Windows (7 64 bit) to get it working again. Just stopping and starting XE8 doesn't fix it.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks

This is an issue with PASTE from EXTERNALl cut into XE8 ... hangs XE8 .... worse from formatted text sources (not notepad) and worse into code (not comment) - maybe worse with multi line as well ... tending to do Cut/paste operations from external sources in an alternative editor

--
Linden
"Mango" was Cool but "Wasabi" was Hotter but remember it's all in the "source"

Edited by: Linden ROTH on Jun 18, 2015 4:37 PM - made clearer ,,, maybe
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02