Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: IWFileUploader question about 'autoUpload' property.

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: May 26, 2015 8:39 AM Last Post By: Michael Fraser
Michael Fraser

IWFileUploader question about 'autoUpload' property.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 25, 2015 11:13 AM
Hi,

I am still fairly new with using Intraweb and I have a question about the IWFileUploader component. When adding files it will automatically start uploading them. This is something I want to avoid as my users will be uploading large files and I would like to make it a 2 step process, add files, verify and click a button to start the actual upload.

The property 'autoUpload' prevents this from happening but I can't figure out how to trigger the upload manually by clicking a button.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Mike
Daniel Fields

Re: IWFileUploader question about 'autoUpload' property.  
  Posted: May 25, 2015 1:30 PM   in response to: Michael Fraser in response to: Michael Fraser
Have you tried the SaveAll method?

IWFileUploader.SaveAll('',true)
Michael Fraser

Posted: May 26, 2015 6:03 AM   in response to: Daniel Fields in response to: Daniel Fields
Thanks for the reply Daniel! Doesn't "SaveAll" only work when the files are already uploaded to the server and waiting to be saved?
When I try this the list of selected files just gets emptied and no files are actually being uploaded or saved.

Daniel Fields wrote:
Have you tried the SaveAll method?

IWFileUploader.SaveAll('',true)
Michael Fraser

Posted: May 26, 2015 8:39 AM   in response to: Michael Fraser in response to: Michael Fraser
I found a solution, not sure if this is the correct way to approach this but it works:

Using the scripted events of my button, I added "IWFILEUPLOADER1FRMUPLOADFILES_Obj.uploadStoredFiles();" to the 'onClick' handler.

Thanks,

Mike.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02